Looking for the wav

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Looking for the most used sample to be scratched, but I'm at work and "blanking" on a good song to sample it from. Could someone point me in the right direction for the "ahh" or what ever it's called. (or email me a wav!!!!) Whenever dj's cut and scratch this sometimes they call it orbiting?

Homeboy in the video is scratching what I'm looking for:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVwQZ58ghZ8

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
hey does anyone know what the song he was scratching over in that video is from, that piano was tight.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
that ahh sound was used heavy in old school. utfo - roxxane roxxane, herbie hancock - rock it, just to name a couple. that should be an easy find

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Excellent! Many thanks Ill fam! I couldn't think where to find it. I have tons of music but my organizational skills suck.

Thanks again Dahkter for the quick response. I did find and got that Fab Five Freddy joint. Perfect. I'm gonna have peep Wild Style now. Peace

Big Tone - LOL! Man I'm dating myself, but I was really into UTFO when I was a youngin. Remember the Mix Master ICE in the ninja gear back in the day? I thought that was tight. hahaha!

Karlman-Thanks homey. I 'm heading to your link right now and get those also.o,

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
I think it's some english dude talking through a vocoder or talk box or filter bank(ala Peter Frampton), whatever it is, it's fucking cool. I'd love to find and use that effect on a track, then everyone would want to scratch whatever bullshit you can come up with....

Excellent! I did find and got that Fab Five Freddy joint. Perfect. I'm gonna have peep Wild Style now.

definitely seek it out, dope movie...

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hey Relic,
I googled the track, found the engineer (Martin Bisi), just sent him an email to see what he used. FYI, they recorded this track in Brooklyn back in 82. Homeboy still has a studio in BK, but records mostly alternative (Sonic Youth, etc)...

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hey Relic,
I googled the track, found the engineer (Martin Bisi), just sent him an email to see what he used. FYI, they recorded this track in Brooklyn back in 82. Homeboy still has a studio in BK, but records mostly alternative (Sonic Youth, etc)...

Damn, that's cool.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Hey Relic,

No shit? Thats fuckin cool, I wonder if he will respond...

You need to set up an interview with him for illmuzik, thatd be dope..
I love that sound, like you say if I had that thing I would have like all types of shit to cut!

Good thinkin on the email I was about to say I have googled this and its one thing that google doesnt know! lol

S

Sensei

What up dahkter.
Hope I can be of help. Get that "Superseal" vinyl. Its one of the most famous scratch vinyls around and thats probably what DJ Quick was using to scratch in that vid.

members online