looking a particualr bass sound

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
..sup people, im really picky with bass, and i do tweak and eq mainly to get what i want, but im looking for the deep sub bass (rolling bass) used in usher's 'Yeah' and s few other tracks of recent (the let me love you remix by scottt storch)....and i must confess icant technically eq anything to sound similar. i dont have trilogy though im looking to get novation software soon, but in the meant time if u have any similar samples..or links it wld be appreciated.

bless

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
A good way to get sub-bass is if you have Cool Edit (Adobe Audition):

Generate > Tones - then play with the settings and you'll get a nice tone that you can mess with.

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ahh i just got audition few days ago, i normally use soundforge, but ill mess around with audition as u say..looks confusing but im sure its all the same
thanks

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Hey a good thing to remember about bass and sub bass is filtering an harmonics, sometimes I mix either a tone (sinusoidal or Sawtooth) with a real bass and then roll off the freq around 70 or 80 then compress it........a real bass from a plucked string has different harmonics that propagate from it that are more audible than a straight synth bass...sometime noise should be added to simulate that real bass like mixing with a sawtooth or another bass sound...not unless you have a real bass sample there is a lil work involved in filter your bass it wont be something like a high synth or string.....bass is sorta tricky I still have problems every now and then getting thick punchy bass.....if you have an mpc layer the basses and use your lowpass filter.....