Look @ These Numbers! Terrible!!!!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
another probalem is that we have alienated our listeners and thats the record companies fault ... white people dont even buy hip hop anymore because they cant relate on any level. I mean u may have never been raised in hood or inloved in the drug trade but a dope emcee can make u feel like ur right there on the corner with him like nas did in illmatic and (i know ur gonna hate me for this) 50 did with get rich or die tryin ..... u could feel the artists struggle and relate to their grind through the music .... nowadays the songs got no purpose to them, theres no story behind the artists, u dont know who they are .. they just make silly songs that are hot for a week but nobody gives a shit enough to buy an album ...... look at soldier boy ... yeah video is cooll with the dance and if u go to a club it might be cool for a minute ..... but have u ever listened to that song without the video? .. its really wack and the lyrics literally do not make sense lol.. and white people are not doing the soldier boy at the clubs lol .... theres no depth to the music anymore .. when i mean depth im not talking about conscious shit.. it dont have to be conscious to be deep .. beanie sigel paints that picture of a hustler just like dmx painted that picture of a madman on dark and hell is hot... and wu tang took u places with their joints... and outkast was on some shit... basically u could get into those artists' brain when u listened to their shit and understand their logic..see shit from their point of view.... 50 and kanye are artists .. u can feel and understand why they do what they do.......... thats whats missing in the game right now... these new niggas i cant get into them cuz i cant feel them cuz theres is no substance there .. there is nothing to their art.. no purpose .. no story ... if ur hot because u made up a dance or becuase u came up with a catchy phrase or because u have somebody nice featured on ur track then u are not an emcee.... unforatunately thats the criteria for what labels wanna work with right now ... shit is sad .. thats why nobody buys rap no more.. cuz they do know who or what they are buying.. just a face and a ctachy single that they can download from itunes or ******** or wherever.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
another probalem is that we have alienated our listeners and thats the record companies fault ... white people dont even buy hip hop anymore because they cant relate on any level. I mean u may have never been raised in hood or inloved in the drug trade but a dope emcee can make u feel like ur right there on the corner with him like nas did in illmatic and (i know ur gonna hate me for this) 50 did with get rich or die tryin ..... u could feel the artists struggle and relate to their grind through the music .... nowadays the songs got no purpose to them, theres no story behind the artists, u dont know who they are .. they just make silly songs that are hot for a week but nobody gives a shit enough to buy an album ...... look at soldier boy ... yeah video is cooll with the dance and if u go to a club it might be cool for a minute ..... but have u ever listened to that song without the video? .. its really wack and the lyrics literally do not make sense lol.. and white people are not doing the soldier boy at the clubs lol .... theres no depth to the music anymore .. when i mean depth im not talking about conscious shit.. it dont have to be conscious to be deep .. beanie sigel paints that picture of a hustler just like dmx painted that picture of a madman on dark and hell is hot... and wu tang took u places with their joints... and outkast was on some shit... basically u could get into those artists' brain when u listened to their shit and understand their logic..see shit from their point of view.... 50 and kanye are artists .. u can feel and understand why they do what they do.......... thats whats missing in the game right now... these new niggas i cant get into them cuz i cant feel them cuz theres is no substance there .. there is nothing to their art.. no purpose .. no story ... if ur hot because u made up a dance or becuase u came up with a catchy phrase or because u have somebody nice featured on ur track then u are not an emcee.... unforatunately thats the criteria for what labels wanna work with right now ... shit is sad .. thats why nobody buys rap no more.. cuz they do know who or what they are buying.. just a face and a ctachy single that they can download from itunes or ******** or wherever.

I agree with 99.999 percent....lol... here's what i don't agree with because I saw this shit with my own eyes "white people are doing the soulja boy"....lol....shit killed me when I was in a mixed club last Saturday and saw them "trying" to do that shit" I had tears in my eyes all night after seeing that. Got my drink on and my giggle on all night long.

well... 50 and Kanye are on tha cover of an upcomin Rollin Stone mag... that should boost their sales alot.

da relic

Got that issue in the mail today.....damn 50 looks like a Ape. Homie had that petruding bone above his eyes. Scared the shit out of me when I first peep'd it...I drop'd that shit on the ground and ran a few steps (j/k) lmbao...shit was not a good look though. That close up side view was not working for fif forreal!

O

open mind

man i just showed that soulja boy vid to see wth u guys are talkin bout im down with durty souf ish but that soulja boy joint really hurts man fuckin GABAGE

A.K.O The Beast

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yeah Just Supaman Dat Hoe And Crank That More Like Trash That Lol! Its Fun For The Kids I Like To See My Younger Siblings Dance Along With The Video! Its Funny!

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
It is what it is...as long as Soulja boy views himself as an entertainer as oppose to an MC I'm cool with it. He can't think he's lyrical...no way no how.....he's just a kid having "ignorant ass" fun. I remember seeing his "do the shoot out" video on UTube way back and lil dude can dance...can't take that away from him. That's what's jumping off...can't ask people not to dance. So far every song I've heard from him has a dance attached to it so let him do his thing as long as he doesn't blurr the line between his entertainment and it being hip hop.

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Did ya'll hear something about EPMD's working on new stuff and they signed a deal with some company that distributes vinyl. yeah that's right VINYL. Anyway, Erik Sermon said he's going back to the way it used to be and just put out 12" and see if it takes off first. or.. something like that.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Did ya'll hear something about EPMD's working on new stuff and they signed a deal with some company that distributes vinyl. yeah that's right VINYL. Anyway, Erik Sermon said he's going back to the way it used to be and just put out 12" and see if it takes off first. or.. something like that.

Vinyl....oh hell no...that won't fly...it better be on some digital internet exclusive shit. People are barely buying CD's and we all know Vinyl has been short run for the Dj's only for some time. Not to mention DJ's don't buy shit. They get it for free thru record pools. How are they going to make money on a exclusive vinyl deal? Somebody let me know!

How many CD's did Keith Murray just sell...something like a couple thousand. CD's are like the new vinly/casset tape absolete!

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Vinyl will always exist as long as audiophiles exist.

I hear Apple is planning on making a record company where all there sales are online only.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Vinyl will always exist as long as audiophiles exist.

I hear Apple is planning on making a record company where all there sales are online only.

Yea...Apple is always on top of there game. Most labels should have already been doing that. They're starting on the other end of the spectrum...offering ring tone deals! When will they get with the program?

p.s. yea...vinyl will always be here "true". It won't generate enough money for an artist to feed his family though. Just don't see that happening.

I got some quotes for vinyl production so I could distribute copies to djs. The prices have become quite outrageous. And with software like Serato Live & Final Scratch the whole necessity for vinyl is fading away.
The sonics of a vinyl will never be the same in a digital format, due to the frequency response advances that digital music provides it should be possible, but then as a draw back music has become overcompressed and louder.
There are aspects of vinyl that will never be beaten, like the pops and crackles of dust and vinyl wear.
There is a certain crispyness to the highs on vinyl. Being a dj I would very much like vinyl to be around forever, its the touch and feel while djing vinyl that makes it so special, but to be realistic I think the cost of production and its use pretty much as a promotional medium, will eventually see its total demise.

Im not so impressed by some of the cd mixers but Im happy with the serato, its just not the same as pure vinyl, it takes the fun out of going thru a crate of records seeing what to put on next. You dont wanna be fiddling with a mouse, when you can throw on a vinyl and get it cued up in seconds.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got some quotes for vinyl production so I could distribute copies to djs. The prices have become quite outrageous. And with software like Serato Live & Final Scratch the whole necessity for vinyl is fading away.
The sonics of a vinyl will never be the same in a digital format, due to the frequency response advances that digital music provides it should be possible, but then as a draw back music has become overcompressed and louder.
There are aspects of vinyl that will never be beaten, like the pops and crackles of dust and vinyl wear.
There is a certain crispyness to the highs on vinyl. Being a dj I would very much like vinyl to be around forever, its the touch and feel while djing vinyl that makes it so special, but to be realistic I think the cost of production and its use pretty much as a promotional medium, will eventually see its total demise.

Im not so impressed by some of the cd mixers but Im happy with the serato, its just not the same as pure vinyl, it takes the fun out of going thru a crate of records seeing what to put on next. You dont wanna be fiddling with a mouse, when you can throw on a vinyl and get it cued up in seconds.
"i like to rub records" - Pete Rock

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
These numbers don't surprise me, the front end counters just a few short years ago were the 3 dimensional record stores, where you had to get it there, no other medium, all this is the lack of being able to track sales and also massive bootlegging, I'm not talking about the cat at the barbershop with the gym bag...i am talking massive Chinese bootlegging, anyhow not only that like Holmes said the digital downloads don't count but some of these artists are killing it with itunes.

Oh another thing, this is strictly a product of the advent of Napster, more and more people are saying why buy, when I can get it free, hell unfortunately I can say i really don't buy any music, either someone i know has it and gives it to me or I just get it free somehow.