Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Lil Wayne leads Grammy noms with 8, Coldplay 7
Dec. 3, 2008, 11:59 PM EST

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Lil Wayne — the most prolific, ubiquitous and successful performer on today's music scene — was the most rewarded by the Recording Academy on Wednesday, receiving eight Grammy nominations including album of the year for "Tha Carter III."

How many do u guys think he will win?

CAN A MOD MAKE THIS A POLL PLEASE!!!! THANKS

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
idk but jesus this is what the grammys have come to...even the jonas brother have a nomination for album of the year..what does that say about todays grammey's...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
idk but jesus this is what the grammys have come to...even the jonas brother have a nomination for album of the year..what does that say about todays grammey's...

Sign of the times man....don't blame the rapper....blame the industry!

Anyway, I say he'll win at least 5. He'll definitely get album of the year because of record sales alone. No one came close to his numbers until that Rock band drop'd a few weeks ago.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Come on ILL fam...I don't want this to turn into a "WE HATE LIL WAYNE" thread!!!!!

It's in the MAINSTREAM section so if you're strictly underground you're in the wrong place! Threads get bent out of shape real fast because of things or people individuals don't like. Please lets not do that on this one!

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
He'll win a couple...have to see who else he's up against. With that said...if he continues to rap in baby talk I'm gonna flip the fuck out.

......with his tight ass jeans

and his dirty ass wife beater...he dont even write his own shit...but aside from that u knoes hes gonna take some home fuckin fagot

T

TheMost

He will win 2-3 for sure. Album of the year, artists oe the year maybe single of the year.
He deserves it, works hard , gets on a lot of projects. He's does not have the best lyrics but he gained my respect this year by working hard and having a rapping syle that is waaay different and way out there.

The album has sick and diverse production imo and the mixing on this record is great as well. The drums realy kick hard, the bass thumps not to mention the mastering is a great point of reference if your making a record of your own.

Vice

9ine 2o 5ive Live
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 71
I say 3 tops. I don't think they will give him any more than that.
you can't deny the man has a great work ethic if nothing else.

T

TheMost

^^ he does i think you got give him his own unique style as well. Half the time i dont understand shit hes saying lol but its still damn entertaining

I think this is the best track of the record.

The beat is sick and innovative , it has a rock feel to it, the hook is catchy and the rhymes are pretty clever on this one i find .His flow is crazy, switches it up more then once and quite unorthodox.

" Posh spice's husband coulnt kikc it like i kick it"

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
He's gonna take home 5 or none...

If he gets at least one..he's going to get 5......if not..he gets none..

Yes we all do not like Lil Wayne...but you can't deny that he's on every other song that plays on the radio...

members online