Lil John beat making video

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
jaydub23510 said:
A man you aint that smart, more than likely you are from the north, people who have heard a go-go song on the radio might dismiss it as wack, come to D.C. and hear it live and see the women shake they thang you will falll in love with it, same with the CRUNK SOUND, go to ATL to a party, you won't believe, that crunk shit be having drunk dime piece looking broads acting a foool, groping and grabbing all on you, hell I had a bad shorty passing me dro and buying me drinks!!!! Get off the internet and go out to some clubs and parties see what the people are vibing too, hell check billboard.com

Maaan, look. First I've been in many clubs, I've DeeJayed at many clubs. That aint nuthin. And I am from the North,,,,NJ to be exact, and these young kids like the same shit, but booty shakin music and nightclub anthems are cliche duke. Its gettin old,,,and that's the problem with Hip Hop man. It aint about "video hoes" and nightclubs man,,,,BUT, the degradation of women and gettin' piss drunk and actin a fool is what sells to the 18-25 demographic. Its just a shame that these young kids now a days are all followers and won't listen to somethin different,,,or admit they like somethin different because that's "WACK" in they're peers opinions. Lil' Jon got a hustle and nobody can get mad at him for that.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
booty shakin music and nightclub anthems are cliche duke. Its gettin old,,,and that's the problem with Hip Hop man. It aint about "video hoes" and nightclubs man,,,,BUT, the

No it's not cliche, that is a necessity for folks like myself over 25 who work a 9-5 and on the weekend go out to the club bar whatever, we need folks like Nelly, Lil John, Master P., Puffy, like I said earlier this rap music covers a broad spectrum, there are many genres, I'm not even talking about video hoes I'm talking about real hoes, if you were having a house party, would you sit there the whole time and play Wutang Forever, or would you switch it up play some Luda, play some LJ, some Ball and G, some 36 mafia, cause if you like me you try'na get your bounce on, cop a feel on a bitch and try to smash that by the end of the night! When the house party starts to clear out you throw on that smooth shit that Isley Brothers, that Curtis Mayfield, whatever to get that mood you looking for, I went to one of the best black schools in america at a time when it was a party school so I no how to do it, and I appreciate all contributions to this game, be it RZA, Just blaze, Premo, Neptunes or Lil Jon, I might not like every single beat that a producer does but I still enjoy their music!

ill o.g.
Jaydub,
At this point i cant tell whether your tryin to show people your side of the story or if your trying to start an argument. I think you should chill out a little. Go buy a bag of weed or somethin.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
helix said:
Jaydub,
At this point i cant tell whether your tryin to show people your side of the story or if your trying to start an argument. I think you should chill out a little. Go buy a bag of weed or somethin.

no if somebody says something up here i don't agree with I will speak on it until my point gets across or until I can't type no mo, and I'll blaze when I get off of work hehe

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
jaydub, you have gotten your point across vvery well. thanks for your input..

HOWEVER, by saying "somebody says something up here i don't agree with I will speak on it until my point gets across or until I can't type no mo", you are basically implying that everyone should agree with you.

what are you expecting people to do?

"crunk IS good, by golly, now that i look at it from the perspective of getting laid by some drunken ho i just met at a club! all of a sudden, my eyes are opened, and crunk is great music!"

you have every right to argue your points, but you seem to be a bit combative simply because the rest of these gusy dont see it your way.

most of us dont dislike this "crunk" thing because of the 2-finger-synth line/same-drum-pattern-and-kit-everytime method of creating it, we dont like it because..... we dont like it. it doesnt appeal to us. club or no club, hos or not... we just dont like it. end of story. we just dont like it! no one has said "oh, hes wack he just taps a few keys".. i was the one who mentioned that, just for the record- not classic- and that was in reference to the video itself.

no matter how you dress it up and try to get us to change our tastes, it is what it is.

i hate certain foods, and countless times, people have said to me "you havent had it THIS way" "oh, try it this way....." which is basically what you are doing.

cabbage is gross no matter how you make it. i dont like lil john, no matter how you try and reason with me to do so.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Shiiiitttt

I love crunk jaydub. I grew up on the shit.(even though we do not call it crunk in the south we call it club music)

People in my old neigbrhood Ride old chevy's listin to southern music BEFORE IT WAS COOL to be from the south. I had golds WAY BEFORE cats were showing it on TV.

If anything i agree with most of the things that you have said.
but like truth said, I just dont like the way you come at people sometimes.
We can disagree without being combative.
class....

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
Shiiiitttt

I love crunk jaydub. I grew up on the shit.(even though we do not call it crunk in the south we call it club music)

People in my old neigbrhood Ride old chevy's listin to southern music BEFORE IT WAS COOL to be from the south. I had golds WAY BEFORE cats were showing it on TV.

If anything i agree with most of the things that you have said.
but like truth said, I just dont like the way you come at people sometimes.
We can disagree without being combative.
class....

you da man class, that's why this is a forum, somebody takes one side somebody takes another, it's called a debate, I haven't called anyone names or nothing, I'm from VA most of my friends feel like Stresswon, half of them think 36 mafia, lil jon, shit is wack. I didn't start liking this music till a few years ago, I was stictly ny, east coast real hip hop type, one of my boys he likes pure hip hop, that dilated peoples, that gang star, that pure shit, I can't relate anymore I guess cause I have different tastes for different times, VA is so confused anyway cause we in the middle of shit, if I get a lime green CAprice on dubs, half my boys would laugh they self to death, others would think that shit is dope, I'm not trying to start an argument, it's just when ya'll make statements like LJ is wack etc. it makes me mad because you don't understand or like it, that's your personal opinion, now Lil Flip on the other hand I could see people hating, how many people have used those Pac man samples, I'm ranting and raving now for real,

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
StressWon said:
I've heard his beats and I've heard yall beats (Class & A.Deluxe),,,yall got more talent them he does! Word Up!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayaaah!!! Okaaaaaaaaaaaay! I agree. Lil Jon is fuckin wack. But if you can get cake that way, then fuckin go for it.

classic

ill o.g.
Confused

I do feel you jaydub, Im so glad im from FLORIDA

People in the DC/VA/Maryland area are sooooo confused.

I have been visiting here all my whole life(my mom is from DC) and i remeber people used to make fun of me becasue of the way i talked and the music i listened to(outkast goodie mob MJG etc. Now, that the south is big CATS here in baltimore are actually trying to CLAIM they are from the south!! WTF!!! 4 years ago they were jay-z'ed out and dident want nothing to do with us.

I try to tell people that this is not a trend. Cats have been country as hell way before nelly & cash money and we will countiue to be country LONG after the trend has passed. I have gold fronts(pullouts) and i love chitlins and greens and sometimes i ware house shoes with pink linen shorts and a wife beater to the mall. It is a culture just like graffiti and breakdancing is to the north.

Now cats in the MIDATLANTIC region are trying to claim southern culture. The shit makes my laugh. I actually had a big debate with a cat in the barbershop yesterday and he was trying to explain how balimore had been reppin the south all long. I was rolling

point being is that i feel alot of the stuff your saying. Just dont assume so much sometimes. Feel free to debate. But i think there is away to do it without attacking people or seeming hardheaded.

if your not so combative,
People will listen to your point of view more and really think about it. Trust me

class....

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Lets all just have a group hug!!! LOL, hey opinions are opinions,,,,and depending on the area, people are feelin different shit. But I feel jay on the fgact of workin all week and relaxin on the weekends. I'm over 25 too, and I work my 9-5 all week and wanna relaxe. I do it a little different, but like I said,,,different strokes for different folks! I like to chill, roll a L, and listen to some Ol' school TRIBE, De La, and some Redman to get the grime out!!!

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
it's funny cause down here in the tidewater people tend to follow the trends of NY, every lil hood has there NY fashion store what have you, radio plays a lot of Ny songs but D.C. has been banging that south shit and riding them Chevys longer than these country ass fools down here, D.C. has there own dressing styles too, you know Class, that shooters, that HoBO, that MAdness, I can remember coming to the capital and this cat was riding around in a Chevy suburban before they got in style down here, playing this FIEND "Streets aint Safe", song I had never heard of fiend so I went to the record store copped his disc and I've been bouncing to that ever since, and this was like 94 I was in college and had come up there to go to Howard Homecoming, the next summer my lil cousins came down from GReenBelt Maryland with a bunch of cds and shit, of course that Go-go, but he had that Ball & G, UGK etc., I listened to his stuff and dubbed everyone of his CD's and this is how I got into crunk! My college buddies didn't wanna hear that stuff in my own whip!! I explained this is different from that 95 south "whomp there it is" and bass music, this stuff has soul!!

Class do they still have them spots up there where you can get the $500 Chevy caprices

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
one thing you have to realize is that a lot of people in the md/dc/va area are from the south. a lot of families are connected to roots in south and north carolina and tennesee or what have you. the area has a lot of country influence due to that. i actually grew up in md and dc and of course eveyrbody isn't like that. some love ny, some love nc. but the crunk down south trend is sweeping the country as a whole. what you grew up with is now "cool". it'll be something else in a few years. don't worry. they always find something new to exploit. as for go-go. i liked it when i was a kid but now its old. it hasn't matured or progressed very much. thats why its stuck in dc and hasn't really gone national. no matter where you are or where you go there are trends. its up to you whether you like them , follow them , or hate them

classic

ill o.g.
some good points in there merk. I never though id see the day when my southern ass would be considered "cool". I know it will pass and i really dont care casue i will still be "southern". I cant help it.

As far as go go is concerded , My mom side is from ancostia S.E. So my cousin would send me tapes. I still fucks with chuck brown. I remember when i would visit for the summer i would go to go-go's at the ICE BOX and the Taj-muhall. I still stuck out like a soar thumb though(DC niggas with those damn tube socks), but nobody cared. There are still very few things that can get you hype like a live GO-GO band.

class.....

UnOwn

Sir Templeton Peck
ill o.g.
jaydub23510 said:
UGK etc.,

I don't even know what is going on in this thread anymore but I gotta give love to the old UGK!! Is that crunk? Sorry to say that even though I grew up in Houston, then lived in CO for 10 years, and now live in Austin, I don't really know what defines crunk exactly.... Of course that probably has something to do with the fact that I never turn on the radio or TV, but I remember copping "Super Tight" and I just listened to it the other day. There is some bangin tracks on there...

mercurywaters

hip hop in the flesh
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
classic said:
some good points in there merk. I never though id see the day when my southern ass would be considered "cool". I know it will pass and i really dont care casue i will still be "southern". I cant help it.

As far as go go is concerded , My mom side is from ancostia S.E. So my cousin would send me tapes. I still fucks with chuck brown. I remember when i would visit for the summer i would go to go-go's at the ICE BOX and the Taj-muhall. I still stuck out like a soar thumb though(DC niggas with those damn tube socks), but nobody cared. There are still very few things that can get you hype like a live GO-GO band.

class.....

man......i hate those damn socks with a passion. they used to rock the nautica sweatsuits with the green and gray air max with some thick fluffy ass socks. i couldn't stand that shit. go-go does inspire sexual movement. thats its only saving grace.

jaydub23510

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
class we have something in common, i grew up in the anocastia area myself man, in Paradise Gardens, I left when me and my grandma saw one of Rafer Edmonds boys shoot somebody and threw their body in a dumpster, I remember my uncles going to the BLACK HOLE, my boy SMOKE was in the GRooverS, I used to fuck with the IBEX, Republic Gardens and such, I even remember my friends calling everyone not from the city of D.C. itself bamas, that means NY, VA, MD, no matter you was a bama, the D.C. Vs. Ny thang got so out of hand in '1991 at VSU the national guard had to be called in, whoa, cats were busting off UZI's, shotguns and shit, on a college campus, whoa!!! Also Mercury Waters I think you are a talented mc too by the way, ANyone REMEMBEr SECTION 8 MOB!!!

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Jay Dub I remember those dayzzz....LOL....IBEX is just a memory after that cop was killed outside tha club.....Black Hole...Aka Celebrity Hall...Aka tha hole.....closed....I seen essence in there tooOOOOO many times.....Yeah Imma VA "bama"...LOL I live about 8 minutes from downtown that'z the crazy thing....LOL.......I got one of Section 8's first Promo Cassetes they were handing out for free outside RFK stadium when Howard used to play their games there.........Groovers Broke up then became Soulo....after that I dunno......but I used to Play in Malenium band and a few other onez with MS Spice over in N.E.

incogneeto

J.B. LEGACY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
For Real Tho, Everyone Is Different....but U All Don't Know How It Is To Live In Nyc N Jersey........we Some Dirty Azzzzzzzzzzzzz Hardcore Slick Azz Mutha Fukkaazzzzzzzzz....holla At Cha Boy............incog

members online