Licensing Your Music - How To Get Paid

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hey guys, just put up my new website. Im blogging weekly with music business tutorials, news, etc, etc.

Just posted a bit on how to license your music and get paid using Pump Audio. Im making thousands using them and I would suggest you guys check out this article if your interested in making a little money on the side.

Thanks,

The link is http://www.alkotatrackz.com/blog

T

The Arkitekt

The other layout you had previously on your website was sick, ima read this rite now.

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I agree! The layout was really nice. I'm adding a link to it later tonight. The bottom line with Flash websites, is that the Search engines hate them and don't index them well. Im doing SEO on my site daily, and I need to up the traffic and make the site more efficient for my business. I wish that I could have kept the flash, but from a business standpoint it was not working. But Ill add a link to it to keep people visually stimulated!

Def keep checking the blog and please link to it or forward it people. Feel free to ask questions and post comments. I'm not all knowing, but I do have a knack for making money and ive got some good advice on how us basement producers can make some dough.

Thanks again for checking it out.

T

The Arkitekt

If you put the links to all the sections at the bottom of the site in text, i.e. how myspace does, search engines will pick it up (I read that a while back)

yo Alkota, I tried PMing you, says your PM box is full or whatever, you mind deleting a few unneeded PM's? I got a question to ask you

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
I agree! The layout was really nice. I'm adding a link to it later tonight. The bottom line with Flash websites, is that the Search engines hate them and don't index them well. Im doing SEO on my site daily, and I need to up the traffic and make the site more efficient for my business. I wish that I could have kept the flash, but from a business standpoint it was not working. But Ill add a link to it to keep people visually stimulated!

Def keep checking the blog and please link to it or forward it people. Feel free to ask questions and post comments. I'm not all knowing, but I do have a knack for making money and ive got some good advice on how us basement producers can make some dough.

Thanks again for checking it out.

The site looks really cool Al...And I know what u mean about the Flash sites getting rejected by the search engines....Your shit still looks clean tho homie.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
just submitted some tracks to pump i'm with ascap

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Thanks Alkota.. I submitted my music yesterday, and got the "green light" today. thanks again.

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im deleting my PM's right now. Actually, once Getty Images acquired them you can actually get your statements online, etc. So thats cool. Plus getty images expanded pumps client base tremendously.

Again, it takes forever to get things into their catalog. And sometimes they outright reject your shit! So, send like 10 beats/songs at a time and don't pigeon hole yourself into only hip hop beats either.

I think I was a pump member for like 2 years before I got a single placement. Then once I got one, they started rolling in. You really have nothing to lose considering its a non exclusive agreement.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Before I submit anything into the actual catalog, would you care to share the style/genre of music that is accepted most often, when you submit? Just to give me an example of what a balanced submission would be..

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I need to sign up with ASCAP. I'm an idiot for not signing up earlier...

I don't even know where to begin.... Anyone can point me in the right direction??

(I'm just going in with production).

alkota

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
sanova...

They accept quite a bit of hip hop beats, but im thinking that this genre is getting pounded pretty hard. Ill produce cinematic beats that are like 30 seconds long. Just imagine all those epic beats you hear in the Lexus commercials, etc. Gear half of your submission towards ads, that's where the money is. Electronic is big too. But honestly there are way too many genres they accept to cover them all in one submission.

all it takes is a little luck and you can get a big check and even some fame. Just think about all the bands apple blows up with their iphone commercials these days... its kinda nuts.

Got a check last week from BMI for $500. Its not huge, but its also not bad! Submit everything you can because it takes forever for any results to be seen and while your waiting... you can focus on making some more beats!

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
For sure, I was going to submit mostly electronic and hip hop, didn't cross my mind to drop 30 second commercial styled joints. thanks.

members online