Leaked photos of the MPC that will be announced tonight. NEW!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
https://www.illmuzik.com/articles/news/akai-mpc-studio-announced/
Akai boasts that this unit is under 1-inch thin, and uses the same computer software as the Renaissance. The main difference would be that the Renaissance can also function as a standalone unit, whereas the MPC Studio is strictly a controller.

This is not correct hermano, the main difference is the audio interface which isnt there on the studio model. Both should work standalone as it only refers to the software whic is standalone(no daw needed). Theyre both strictly controllers, the question on that is whether theyre limited as controller for akai's software or if they can work as generic controllers aswell (which i assume will be so).

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
I'm content with Maschine and MPD32 at the moment. Looks interesting but I dont think I'll be buying neither one of the new MPC controllers.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
In all honesty, I just cant imagine anyone settling for the smaller AKAI's with the Renaissance being the flagship. I question the durability of the AKAI Studio, it just seems too thin to take the normal pounding that a sampler takes and the AKAI Fly looks more like a toy than a serious production controller.

If these AKAI's are successful at all, I wonder if Roland will try to jump back in the game. That would make this whole craze epic!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
In all honesty, I just cant imagine anyone settling for the smaller AKAI's with the Renaissance being the flagship.

Actualy, if you dont want to downgrade your audio interface to an EIE than the studio is actualy the best option. If i can choose between an SSL or Akai interface...hmmm...

The renaissance just works well for those who have nothing yet. I wouldnt say bang for a buck but its all-round.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
good point...

LMAO @ "If i can choose between an SSL or Akai interface...hmmm..."

My only concern with the Studio is it just appears way too thin to handle the constant abuse of getting banged on AND AKAI is known for having to pound the shit out of their pads compared to anything else.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
good point...

LMAO @ "If i can choose between an SSL or Akai interface...hmmm..."

My only concern with the Studio is it just appears way too thin to handle the constant abuse of getting banged on AND AKAI is known for having to pound the shit out of their pads compared to anything else.

Im not sure about this though my experience is tied to mostly pre- akaipro mpcs... the tank builds... aside from the mpc500 which was pretty a solid build untill the flimsy ram brackets broke for no appearant reason... For some reason i expect the renaissance's casing to fail sooner than that of the Studio version.

Though, im awaiting the first user to punch out the lights those pads lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
How much?????????????

Crazy how they drop their first version with time stretch...and NI is yet to release it for Maschine....

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Crazy how they drop their first version with time stretch...and NI is yet to release it for Maschine....

Yeah thas crazy... I know its been beat to death but how can you make any type of sampler hardware or software with no timestretch

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
^^^technicaly its easy for akai because they own their own algorhytmn. Considering how the akai software embedded the timestretch feature its safe to say that its the same code as used in the hardware mpc's (else it would be a real time stretch engine which it is not). This way its possible to load up your old mpc files into their new software, its compatible.
NI on the other hand might work from scratch to implement a stretch engine. Perhaps a fail on their side to not implement on the release of Maschine but i give them the credit for working on a real time stretch engine. My bet is that a lot of people will eventualy consider it a con on the akai software opposed to Maschine when they do make the update with real time stretching.

members online