Leaked photos of the MPC that will be announced tonight. NEW!

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
405693_112845962169081_100003310333869_75414_1328782605_n.jpg

393906_112856268834717_100003310333869_75440_24325659_n.jpg

390545_112856595501351_100003310333869_75442_679804100_n.jpg

398156_112856862167991_100003310333869_75443_1534514097_n.jpg

NOW it is getting interesting!

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
We're assuming that this controller comes with the akai software. They may only include the software with the renaissance, and sale this controller by itself. We'll find out at midnight I assume.

ansiaaa

ill o.g.
looks sleek! I hate those round things on the left though, I prefer the old regular rotary encoders...
let's hope they don't fuck up the software.

actually the latest controllers by Akai (APC 40 for ex.) had their firmwares programmed by other software houses (that means Akai could not care less with giving support), and that scares me a bit with something like this piece of gear.

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So he can get credit and his greatness recognized for leaking photos on the same day as the official announcement.

Doesn't those small, cut-off low-res photos with "LEAKED BY JAMES JEFFERY" in big bold lettering overlaying 1/5th of the already small pictures tell you a lot about this thing? You don't even have to wait for Akai's announcement now, and you have one man to thank...

lion-ucs

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
im tryin to figure out why saturate the market with so many... makes it confusin... if i had to choose, im takin the 5000... knobs baby... u guys dont know wat ur missin!

da relic

Three isn't so bad. Although the iPad2 app is unneeded. The Ren & Studio would be plenty good for release. Choice out of the gate = +1

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
i just noticed it has a time stretch function in the process menu, pause @ 19secs and you can see the menu & chopshop parameters. They couldve made dedicated buttons for the process menu though...

I also noticed the output selects on the bottom of each channel so thats a plus opposed to maschine.

ansiaaa

ill o.g.
"The main difference would be that the Renaissance can also function as a standalone unit, whereas the MPC Studio is strictly a controller."

are we sure the MPCr can work standalone?
by the pics showing its display I'd say yes, but I don't want to dream too much... and in the specs they never mention any RAM

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Ok enough of the controllers its time for akai to show some instructional vids of the software. Thats whats goin make or break the product

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
"The main difference would be that the Renaissance can also function as a standalone unit, whereas the MPC Studio is strictly a controller."

are we sure the MPCr can work standalone?
by the pics showing its display I'd say yes, but I don't want to dream too much... and in the specs they never mention any RAM

sure is not, the software sequencer/sampler is standalone.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Ok enough of the controllers its time for akai to show some instructional vids of the software. Thats whats goin make or break the product

The software looks straight forward, like said before, if you pause some frames of the youtube clip you can see some of important stuff like timestretch and chopshop. Chopshop has a dedicated part in the sampler properties but timestretch, normalize and other common mpc processes are put into a dropmenu and dont seem to be realtime. NI has confirmed that timestretching is in the pipeline but theirs will be real time. Theres something to be said about that, doing select, set parameters for stretch, press process, listen outcome, undo, repeat... fuck that, play the beat and stretch lol