Latency issues

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
im having trouble with latency wen reason is rewired with adobe audition or sony acid... any ideas how to fix this issue?

Bakatraxx

ill o.g.
Latency problems

What have you tryed already?

Checked if the Latency/buffer settings on your audio interface are set high enough? (can be found in the audio configuration of reason or probably in some other configuration in your DAW.)

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
umm i have a pc, 1 gig of ram(i kno i need to get another stick atleast), amd duocore processor, m-audio audiophile 2496 sound card and an m-audio fast track usb. im running avg antivirus and im using 2 midi controllers, an edirol pcr m80 and an mpd 16. i dont kno if that narrows it down at all?

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Ok...

First off, 1G of Ram is fine, What Version of Windows are you running? Second, If you are going to make music that takes up CPU then you need to kill your antivirus program (not like you need it to check for a virus when you make a beat)

I would Ctrl-Alt-Delete and kill all programs that are running under Owner (other then explorer and Task manager)

Then Load your programs up.

kanaris

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
ok...i was unable to lower buffer size in reason but on my soundcard i dropped it from 256 samples to 128 samples and it showed up as 128 in reason..was this correct..if so, i tried it out again with adobe audition rewired and latency is still bad

members online