Laptop Essentials

T

The Bastard

Aright So My Pc Of Five Years Is Startin To Fuck Up And Glitch All Over The Place On Me,shiut shuts down on its own in the middle of a recording session n shit, And Since Im Goin To Italy Next Summer, Im Def Gunna Eventually Cop A Laptop.im Gunna Use My Fucked Up Pc For Internet ,email,graphics And What Not, And Totally Dedicate The Laptop To Recording. I Know The Basic Shit I Need Like A Fast Cpu And A Big Hard Drive, But Is There Any Otherr Technical Info I Need To Know?Im Gunna Be Running Cubase And Reason On It. i basically wanna know like whats the minimum shit i need to have to run this software smoothly, pentium 2 ,3,4,? 1gghz 2 gghz?Any Laptops To Stay Away From? thanks guys and gals

T

The Bastard

DJ Excellence said:
Make sure you have a good external soundcard. ^^ It's a must for Laptops.

Pentium 4 , with at least 512 RAM
whut about pentium 3 with 512 ram?

jkman82

ill o.g.
first thing you need to know about laptop essentials is to not get a laptop, but in your case with italy, why dont you cop an ibook?, unless you love pc, which theres nothing wrong with, going down the mac route isnt a bad idea if you have the $, definitly a p4 or amd turion 64 bit and higher

T

The Bastard

jkman82 said:
first thing you need to know about laptop essentials is to not get a laptop, but in your case with italy, why dont you cop an ibook?, unless you love pc, which theres nothing wrong with, going down the mac route isnt a bad idea if you have the $, definitly a p4 or amd turion 64 bit and higher
ya ibooks are out of the question, not because im emotionally attach to windows, just because of the price , ill do a search for some refurbished ones tho, thanks what do you suggest as minimum requirements for an ibook?

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
For laptop go centrino instead of pentium, a faster hd could mean more noise and a slow HD can be sufficient enought to record a few inputs and remain silent. Stuff at least 1gb in there and depending on I/O etc I'd look into a system with its audio engine on PCMCIA instead of USB or Firewire. I know of 2 respectable systems by RME which is a basic engine which you can connect to a variatie of RME modules for I/O, basicaly its the hdsp engine in pcmcia format but comes for a price. EMU 1616m is cheaper and has great quality and comes with all the need I/O and pre-amps at PT quality. For price you might wanna look into an asus laptop, them a6000 series are nice and come with a Geforce Go 6200 (256mb) and wide screen (15,4"/1200x800).

members online