KRS Show @ S.O.B.'s...

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
It was last night. YO, when I say this was the illest show I ever been too,,,I ain't bullshittin! I been to mad shows, seen mad stars.(Run DMC/JMJ, Nice n Smooth, Wu-Tang, JMT, Fugees,,etc) Hip Hop was mos def in the house. Fuckin Jersey was in the spot wit Bumpy Knucks himself Freddie Foxxx openin up. Then Grandmaster D of Whodini came on stage to get the already motivated crowd even more hyped. Next was Hakeem, from Channel Live on some solo ish which was some ill shit. Check out his joint "Lil Georgie" That shit is off the hook.

So me and my man are chillin for aminute vibin to the DJ. We run into Immortal Technique. Dude was mad cool. He even peaced up wit us when he left. Then I was bullshittin wit Buckshot and Dru Ha for a quick sec. We were talkin about the Hip Hop seen and Bucks man took my production business card and told me they were inetrested in checkin out my shit. (not gassed tho,,,we all know how that goes) Anyways, They start to introduce the Blastmaster, and fuckin Red Alert walks by to the stage,,,along wit Kid Capri! Shit was crazy,,,and it didnt even start yet!

So KRS comes to the stage. Goes right into "MC's Act Like they Don't Know". Kills it, does three more joints,,,then stops and starts freestylin. Does two more joints,,,then starts freestylin to "Triumph" by WU. Now, as an emcee and Hip Hop head, I know freestyle, but KRS wanted us to know too so he started rhymin about cats in the crowd and what they were wearin and shit,,,,not just a 16 or nuttin but the WHOLE "Triumph" Instrumental. THEN, he did some BDP joints,"Criminal Minded, LOve's gonna Getcha",,then Fuckin starts freestylin AGAIN,,,this time to "4th Chamber" (Buku would of been goin nuts) He does a few more joints, then calls Buck to the stage and they both start freestylin! Shit, even Kid Capri!!! LOL. Suddenly, I look to my right and Ju Ju from the Beatnuts is chillin rappin to some chick.(NAturally) He sees I recognize me and immediatly gives me a pound,,,that was fresh. Les was there but he was chillin wit Technique.

All in all, say what ya want. I don't care how many records ya favorite rapper sold, who got platinum,,,,whatever,,,,KRS is without a shadow of a doubt the greatest Emcee. Word up! If yall get a chance,,,check him out. Word.

....Oh yeah, DJ Scratch was there too. Good shit. Well worth the three hours of sleep before work!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Youre lying.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
ask Trav son!
Oh yea sure, like ima believe your negroid friend.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sounds like I missed a good one! I saw KRS twice, first in 95 then in 98, both were fuckin dope. And yes, his freestyling is the best part of the show actually. When I saw him in 95 he had Supernat with him, freestyling about stuff the crowd was handing to him, simply amazing.

Everyone should go see KRS!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
damn...I know all them cats luv to come to the netherlands but in no way you get a night like that over here, thaz hella nice.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
saw krs one over here with supporting act philifecypher,,, that shit was crazy son,,,
i saw big daddy kane once or even maybe twice dont remember exactly but when i saw him over he was straight wack... a damn shame!
krs one is the real legend! he is a tsunami on stage!

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
damn mad I missed it. I usualy catch the shows at s.o.b.s even djed a few shows there before. I definitely woulda caught the blast master krs. but you say big daddy kane is next month. ima definitely try make that 1.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
Now that's FIRE!!!
The REAL hip hop was "over there" sounds like. GrandMaster Dee??? Wow!!! Was he rockin' the 1 and 2s? I saw Whodini back in 87 with the Beastie Boys, RUN DMC and others. Hot show. Awesome post homie!

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hey Stress,
Thanks for that post/review, I had wanted to hit that show...

A few comments:
- KRSOne - definitely the GOAT, seen him live many times (saw him at SOB's in 1990 when Edutainment came out, at a lecture in Madison, WI, at Tramps in NYC). Everytime I see him in NY, there's a ton of cameo's. When I saw him at tramp's, lord finesse showed up, nice and smooth, heather B, it was dope.
- Big Daddy Kane is playing live for free on Monday night at this Scion Beat Battle, check out this link:

http://www.scion.com/kingofthebeats/

EZ

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Ok ok, now lets everybody hop off of Krs's dick. Youre going to break it riding it that hard.

Calm down black faces, its just a joke.

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
^^^Or maybe you would love it.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i didnt even knoe krs wuz performin i wuda def went

members online