Korg Triton Studio or MPC4000 ?????<>?????

C

Conscious

help . . .

I've been rappin for awhile now ( www.soundclick.com/lapzsta ) and im starting to take it more seriously and i want my music to be original and I'm gettin sick of these beats that all sound the same on mp3.com. So I've been gettin into producin usin Fruity Loops but my creative power is so limited and I can never get the sound I'm lookin for. So I am plannin to invest a large amount of money into this production thing. I have done some research and found that the Akai MPC4000 and the Korg Triton Studio seem to be the best. What is better to start off with? What is the benefit of getting a keyboard synth over the MPC4000? Whats the advantage of the MPC over the keyboard and vice versa? What can the MPC do that that the Triton can't do? What can the Triton do that the MPC cant do? I was confused at first because I thought the MPC was a drum machine/ sampler but it seems like people are makin full fledged beats on it. Any feedbacks appreciated. Thx.

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by Conscious
help . . .

I've been rappin for awhile now ( www.soundclick.com/lapzsta ) and im starting to take it more seriously and i want my music to be original and I'm gettin sick of these beats that all sound the same on mp3.com. So I've been gettin into producin usin Fruity Loops but my creative power is so limited and I can never get the sound I'm lookin for. So I am plannin to invest a large amount of money into this production thing. I have done some research and found that the Akai MPC4000 and the Korg Triton Studio seem to be the best. What is better to start off with? What is the benefit of getting a keyboard synth over the MPC4000? Whats the advantage of the MPC over the keyboard and vice versa? What can the MPC do that that the Triton can't do? What can the Triton do that the MPC cant do? I was confused at first because I thought the MPC was a drum machine/ sampler but it seems like people are makin full fledged beats on it. Any feedbacks appreciated. Thx.

Fruity loops is cool to start off with, i started with acid them moved to fruity loops. You can do just about anything with it, you just cant use the stock sounds it comes with. You have to make your own sounds or buy some good cd's, get a midi controller etc. IMO the MPC4000 Is over priced, you can do everything you need on a 2000XL. For the price of the 4000 you can get a dope software setup that is a million times more powerful than any mpc4000. Personally I now use the 2000XL with a triton, S3000 and mo phatt i'm building onto it as we speak. You could get a triton studio keyboard and make all your beats in that or you can get a mpc and a rack with a cheap controller and do it that way. Thousands of variations to make tracks, but just because you have certain equiptment dont mean you gonna make a hit, it has to be in your head and over time. There are too many people i've heard with top of the line equiptment that make the wackest shit i've ever heard.

C

Conscious

thanks.

whats the mpc4000 got that the mpc2000xl doesnt?

M

Myndz

i think in the 4000 there's a cd burner...with a whole lot of other gadgets...

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
trust me and him a 4000 aint gona make your music any better and after spitting out 3000 + dollars you still got upgrades to do. when ever you buy something its never done...with the price of the triton studio or the mpc 4000 alone you can get a xl and a good keyboard just like that guy said....but why are you even putting out so much when your just rappin i mean dont get me wrong i respect what your doing but your a rapper whey do you think a 4000 is gona do anything more.....its funny to see how people jump onto something cause its new, most of the time things like the 4000 are just the same old things just more toys that the old product didnt have. the 4000 has more midi out puts and inputs---more tracks 128 but i havent never got past 14 on my xl......it has a prossesor in it so it moves faster....more sound banks....me i would only get a 4000 if i just had moeny to toss away and didnt care...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

Fame_keyz has it right, forking out a lot of cash isn't going to make your music any better. That comes with talent and knowledge of your equipment.

The MPC 4000 has stuff in it a newbie wouldn't have a clue about, like being able to make your programs and manage banks from a computer, word-clock sync, etc.

For $4000 you could do much better by getting either a powerful computer/software/controller setup, or a less-powerful sampler/controller/sequencer combo like the MPC-2000 or ASR-10 and still have a few grand in your pocket to get a nice mic and preamp, mixer and some sort of recording system (you'll have to record your raps somewhere).

Take care,

Nick

B

Briellz

Well,

If you get a triton...the seqencer sucks....

If you get a MPC...You can only drum tracks..looped samples....and shit like that.

If you wanna make complete songs...I'd go with the Keyboard first. Unfourtnatly...I bought a MPC first...and I got pissed off a lot of times because I wanted to add keyboard sounds to some of my tracks. I was constantly ripping vinyls.

If you don't know how to work the MPC...I wouldn't suggest buying a MPC 4000. I would take time to learn the 2000 series (XL) just to get the feel of the thing.