Korg Trition Extreme vs. Alesis Fusion 6HD vs. Roland Fantom X6

JKIEYZ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm getting ready to purchase a keyboard workstation to compliment my Ensoniq ASR-10.I am trying to decide between the korg triton extreme 61,the new alesis fusion 6HD, or the roland fantom X6.I am looking for workstation that can I sample my sounds from my asr-10 into(I mostly use the asr-10 for drums and its effects)with ease of use.The ASR-10 is a good sampler but I want something with a better all around package.I have heard good things about all three that I am considering but I need some suggestions on which route I should take.Please help!!!!!

Evil Scientist

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
You'll probably want to consider the Yamaha Motif ES6 especially if you want a good overall soundset, best to get yourself down to your local store and try them out unless you have more speccific questions.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
for what it will cost to get the Fantom x, you can get a used mpc and the Fantom xr- the rack version. that will be many times more efficient then a fantom x on its own, plus you get 2 extra expansion slots in the rack.

thats the route i would go, personally.

also..... you need to test them out first hand.

i personally cant stand triton sounds unless its a synth patch.... and i love the fantom and motifsoundsets......... but the fantom offers much more expandablity options sound wise. i am not fond of sequecers in keyboard workstations, an mpc or a software app ala cubase/logic/sonar are much much better imho.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
, an mpc or a software app ala cubase/logic/sonar are much much better imho.
Ya...I have an ES and The sequencer sucks ass.....The Fantoms sequencer aint that bad,but i do agree that a mpc/rack combo would be a better and cheaper option..Take it from someone who has made the mistake already

members online