korg tr61 + motif es rack or fantom xa

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i am thinking of getin the korg tr61 plus a rack either the motif or fantom. i wanna use these along with fl studio 5 xxl. anyone got the korg tr61 how is it? or should i just get a fantom x6 or motif es6. i just wanted to have a sounds from two of the big 3. any opinions?

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
I owned the Triton LE and the Extreme, both dope but I began to find the sounds not suitable for me, I owned the Classic Motif also I have the ES now....in My opinion cop that and look for additional sounds and the expansion cards....you will be straight...also the sampler is ok I have mine fully loaded with 1gB......also I see you are getting the racks...if you need to buy a controller save your self the trouble and get the 61 key board it will go much further plus editing with something laying flat on my work surface is much superior to sitting there like punching in buttons on a microwave or your home alarm system especially if you gonna be there for minutes at a time working with patches..also here is the thing with the Rack as with any high end synth when you switch to channel by channel midi you need to copy either the presets or know what you are doing as far as sound design to make your sounds "undry" when I say that a lot of people have the rack models of the Motif and the fantom but when it comes to using the sounds along with the stock presets, fx and arps they kind of miss the full power and spectrum of the sounds they could be getting and their synth tracks sound somewhat lackluster, dont get me wrong you can either add reverb etc in your mixing program but its better to have that going with the synth modeled fx, everything such as the arp tempo and modulation will be synced in time, your guitars will sound as real as they can get like the motif Voice mode guitars and pianos sounds when you mess with it in the store....listen to that same sound in patch mode and you see what I am talking about you will be like....why does my piano or guitar sound flat or lifeless compared to the one in voice mode.
I just had this same discussion with someone who just copped the XR, some of the sound modules that were out preceding the motif and the fantom were much better IMHO as far as ready to go sounds..such as the emu modules and also the alesis (which I have the QSR wit 2 cards and 6000 sounds and lot more realistic sounds when I set it side by side with the XR) for the simple fact most of the patches were very good on their own without having to copy the fx and presets to the individual midi sounds...here is my opinion having been down this road......get the motif...get used to it as a piece first.....delve into use of copying preset fx and such to the individual pattern mode sounds, you will find that the ES is a much better board and you have a lot to build on with that workstation and the plg cards ..........if you really really like synths and sometime sharp cutting synthetic sounds get the triton but that board can sound cheesy, hell any incorrectly patched synth can sound cheesy in a mix....a synth is a synth, its the combination of waveform foundation and synthesis with correct fx which make them come alive...dont be fooled.

micv30

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
thanks for the info. i gonna do my reseach and go to the guitar center and test them out thanks again.

cqfinest

ill o.g.
I have the Triton Extreme 61.

I think it has good stock sounds (synth,horns,effects,etc), and I've loaded my own drum samples.

In my opinion, I think 1 workstation is enough.
If I need something else, I can just sample it.

members online