kNoCK KnOcK Recycle

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
The new Recycle did recently drop......I really forgot how dope it is. It's back to being my sample editor.....one of them anyway. Welcome "back" home Recycle....lol

If u have it and you're not taking advantage of the silence slice feature you're slippin'....you can damn near make a sample unrecognizable with that shit...not to mention u can replace slices with slices from other samples...DOPE!

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I just got it.....I don't know how to use it...... I have to learn, of course.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I just got it.....I don't know how to use it...... I have to learn, of course.

It's mad easy....use it standalone or as the sample editor in your DAW. If u need a quick walk thru let me know and I'll drop a short tutorial. You're going to really like it....there's a reason why this is only the second or third installation of it after many years. It just does what it does better than anything else. The last version didn't work to well on 64 bit machines so I got away from it.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
I hear it time stretches pretty well.... Thoughts?

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
I hear it time stretches pretty well.... Thoughts?

It does....and it's ability to output diff't formats is nice. Damn near everything accepts REX2 these days. I Warp (time stretch) my samples in Ableton but I'll mute(silent slice) things with Recycle. The way they've designed that feature is so much easier and faster than anything else out that I've tried. I like to Lo Fi samples in Recycle and layer them under the original sample as well. Gives them some grit. It's just a nice tool to have in your tool box. U know we like our tools...lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Ok..I'm asking because I do want to phase out FL studio completely and not have to pull up VMWare and FL studio every time I want to time stretch something.

I'll look up some tutorials on how to use it...and we'll go from there.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Ok..I'm asking because I do want to phase out FL studio completely and not have to pull up VMWare and FL studio every time I want to time stretch something.

I'll look up some tutorials on how to use it...and we'll go from there.

If I remember correctly when u get your slices placed properly you should have ZERO problems time stretching to any tempo.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
If I remember correctly when u get your slices placed properly you should have ZERO problems time stretching to any tempo.

Not necessarily.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
damn what did i mis ? I got recycle 2.0 in the box right here but they pissed me off when they fucked up scsi support...bitches...

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Not necessarily.

You're new to it so I'll give u a pass on that response....when I say "properly" I'm not talking about putting the slice markers on you're chops. Chops usually won't be the SAME distance apart. If you're using Recycle to time stretch you're going to want to put your slice markers at exact distances apart i.e 1/4 note, 1/2 note etc., no random spacing. Has to be at exact points so when Recycle "cycles" through the sample it hits on markers that are the same distance apart. That's the only way you'll be able to change the tempo of the sample. I really don't like doing it like that so I time stretch in Ableton Live and only chop samples up in Recycle "WHEN" I want them in REX2 format. AMG One is a BEAST for using REX2 files, probably the only reason I like working with REX2. AMG gives u the ability to stack 8 diff't REX FILES for layering and what not.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
dude, rex in fl is the shiznit

but on a note, time stretch in recycle always been a functional gapfiller when adjusting the tempo after markers been placed. No need to use recycle "just" for stretching loops because its sucks, blows and not much different from any other stretch engine. And rex is nice, but i always prefered unfuckable wav export along the midi file :)

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Looks like a lot of people use Ableton live to do time stretch.
What is the latest version so I can take a look at it?

members online