Klitschko vs Ibragimov - Sweet Science?

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Did anyone else catch this joke of a fight? Worst championship bout ever. What happened to fighters like Ali, Foreman, Tyson et al? I almost fell asleep watching this crap.

Made me think I should get fit and start training cause even I could have beaten Ibragimov in that fight.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
its the reason why MMA is gettin bigger and bigger

Sincock

Fucking Wankers
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
Since they made everything ppv boxing has sucked..
I remember as a lil kid you could watch Ali fight LIVE for FREE on NETWORK TV!
They had Friday night fights and it was all good.

No mas, they all got greedy and the sport has suffered for it , Thanks Don King!

Yeah, you're right.

It was broadcast live on Chinese television for free and I still feel like I got ripped off.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
boxing is dead..as much as ppl dont want to believe it..its true

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Super Snooze fest!

Anyone catch the Pavlik/Taylor 2 fight the week before???

I stopped by a sports bar to check out that fight. Wasn't as dope as the first fight. Taylor was beat again. He tried to be smarter but Pavlik can take the damage and keep pressing. He proved that the first fight and again in the second fight.

Taylor has a better attack and much more power but Pav is mad effective against Taylor. Taylor should have went for more body to wear Pav our because the first fight proved that you cannot take him out head hunting.

Boxing for the most part sux right now, especially the heavy weights. No body battles anymore. As entertaining as the Hatton/Mayweather fight was, it was still a wack fight because Hatton never even brought a real challenge to Mayweather.

Boxing is a way better sport as far as entertainment goes than MMA because Boxing is basic. You use your hands to stop your opponent. Even kids can understand and be entertained by boxing. Anyone can understand it. When you defend yourself, you instintively use your fist.

MMA is a lot more technical than boxing and I have mad respect for MMA fighters. I think they are better athletes than boxers. But the average person cannot understand and appreciate MMA fighting.

The reason why MMA is blowing up compared to boxing is YOU CANNOT WIN an MMA match by running and in boxing you can.

In an MMA match... you have to fight to win. And it is usually clear when someone got their ass whooped.

If you guys haven't seen the JOE LOUIS special on HBO, it is good watching. It is very sad but to see a man do what he did is amazing.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
boxing is dead..as much as ppl dont want to believe it..its true

Boxing aint dead. The Mayweather vs. De La Hoya fight was purchased by 2.4 million viewers last year. I do agree that it's not as big as it used to be....but 2.4 million viewers for a pay-per-view event was by far the biggest ppv purchase last year. Bigger than WWE, bigger than any MMA.

What boxing needs is someone to totally take over control of the whole sport, and run it like the NFL, MLB or NBA commisioners do. Right now promoters run the sport....and for the most part promoters are money hungry scumbags who don't care about the sport....just the money.

I will say that De La Hoya (as much as I can't stand him as a fighter) is actually one of the few promoters that has the sport's best interest in mind. He takes good care of his fighters and is giving them the opportunity to make a living after their fight careers are over. He also sets up some pretty good fights. I think the consistency in boxing is what's lacking right now. The mid level fights aren't as good. It's only the main event, superfights that people tune in to see. It's a shame because there are a bunch of very good fighters in the sport right now but their sucka promoters won't let them fight eachother because they're scared of their fighters losing and costing them a big pay day.

members online