King of the South

Ambition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was recently visitng my family in Atl and all I kept hearing was T.I was the King of the south and people were agreeing with this statement. So my ? is who is the king of the south I think it is Luda.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
You're pointing out the spoiled brat princes of the south. The father, sitting alone in his chambers, eating grapes and sipping jesus juice, is Scarface.

Facemob birthed these kids... and like any king, he lets them have their fun with the family power. But please don't let one of them step out of line.... ohhhhh no. That wouldn't be kosher.

T

The Bastard

I Liked Master P A Lot. And Mystikal Too. I Dont Listen To Much South But I Thought Master P Was The King, Hes Ill

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
its scarface, T.I, then Luda, master p is what he calls himself the ghetto bill gates one of the top 40 richest man in america, but i will say Scarface is the king of the whole south and T.I and Luda are like the kings of ATL thats my opinion.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Dantson said:
Who the fuck was T.I. prior to the last... what... three years?

Working at Jiffy-Lube, living with his aunt.
sorry pimpin ur wrong on that one T.I has been doing his thing on the underground for years. I have been hearing his stuff since 2000. He hustled his ass off to get where he is today. Only know are people outside the south seeing him

He has been on his grind

class...

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
StressWon said:
Kings-Outkast

Lyrically, Andre is the nicest down there!

ha! I was wondering if someone would mention him... specially Class...

Stank you, stank you!!

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Gotta Be Luda He is a Breath of Fresh Air His Rhymes are Witty and they make Me Chuckle hahaa so ya it MOs Def gotta be LUda T.I aint Really saying anything to Catch my Ear atleast Luda Is ORGINAL

But ya Outkast are the Kingz Andre Is a Alien thats why his Lyrical Genius and Wacky Attire make some people think he is a Nut

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
That's a tough one, because you know the East Coast King is 50 Cent (formerly Jigga)
West Coast is Snoop

But the South is more laid back on the rap braggin tip, T.I. has been sayin he's the
king since I'm Serious, but it doesn't mean that he is, it's just a marketing campaign that most of y'all are falling for.

I think Scarface is one of the most respected for his body of work but he's not relevant today. Andre 3 is suspect, but he's a brilliant lyricist,
T.I. makes damn good albums, Trap Muzik is a classic to me, I jam that everyday, but Urban Legend I'm starting to think is even better than that.
Lil Flip is the best freestyler hands-down in the South, and opened doors for independent Htown cats gettin deals. Master P is the Michael Jackson of the South, and the Ghetto D album is like Thriller, it broke down so many doors for southern artists, the same way that
Thriller got black artists Airplay on MTV back in the 80's .

I think a better question is, who represents the south the hardest and the answer to that is UGK. Them boys represent the south on every song, never sold out or compromised their core listeners, and Pimp C was the first rapper to exaggerate Southern drawl in his raps (baaawwwl, fawwwl etc etc). Like he says on the records, these ain't no hip hop records, these are country rap tunes, so separate us from the rest!

S

Svenghali

T.I is the self-proclaimed king of the south and the reason why no one has really stepped up to challenge him is because it is a self-proclamation. No one stopped Ali from proclaiming he was the greatest, and that was before most agreed with that notion. T.I. has put in work since '98-99 in the south. And now there's some mighty muscle behind him. When Lyor Cohen left Def Jam to run Warner Music Group, his #1 priority was to blow T.I. up nationally. In his opinion T.I. is a genius that had been slept on. He said "T.I. is the truth."

Best souther rapper of all-time is Scarface period.

My favorite (current) southern rapper is Lil Wayne "Weezy F. Baby," that dude is ill.
Southern rapper that doesn't get his props - Luda
Southern rapper with the best beats - Young Buck

Eurydice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was pissed off by the statement that T I, Flip, Mike jones or anyone else can claim the thrown of The King Of the South....I have one question for them...When did Scarface Die?

members online