Keeping it retro

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 21
need to work on arrangement more but the sample had to be done a song called Eminem from the 80s
Instrumental

Last edited:

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Regarding the Eminem joint. It is cool but I feel there is too much going on and the vocals go a bit under in the mix.

The J Cole joint: the beat is smooth and blends perfectly with the vocals. Dope work!
Thanks for the feedback, ive made some changes to the Eminem one but dont think the situation is any better, the vocal isnt helping tough one to manage. ill get you back tomorrow

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
Cole: sample is dope and drums are on point. there where some parts of the beat where I felt the supporting instruments/vocals could have been a hair louder but admittedly it's also hard for my mind sometimes whenever I hear a known acapella over a new beat to really listen with 'fresh' ears.

Eminem: really hard hitting beat and sounds good but I think with the Way I Am acapella over it it's tough since Em's flow is so intense on that and the OG beat is more minimal but your beat has a lot going on. It's a cool beat to listen to but I imagine a very stylistic flow given the complexity.

Solid work all around.

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Cole: sample is dope and drums are on point. there where some parts of the beat where I felt the supporting instruments/vocals could have been a hair louder but admittedly it's also hard for my mind sometimes whenever I hear a known acapella over a new beat to really listen with 'fresh' ears.

Eminem: really hard hitting beat and sounds good but I think with the Way I Am acapella over it it's tough since Em's flow is so intense on that and the OG beat is more minimal but your beat has a lot going on. It's a cool beat to listen to but I imagine a very stylistic flow given the complexity.

Solid work all around.
Thanks totally agree the J Cole is just a rough mix ive not been back to it, Im determined to get the Eminem one working somehow i cant think of any of his other songs which would fit

Eminem instrumental:

Really like this, more than a head nodder ya know the kind of beat that makes your whole body start bouncing! Dope love it!

No criticism here.

J Cole:

Nice lay back chill beat fits well with the lyric vocals.

Didn’t get to hear the Eminem lyric beat

Good work on these man, love that instrumental :fire::fire::fire:

Ys Man

ILLIEN
Eminem instrumental:

Really like this, more than a head nodder ya know the kind of beat that makes your whole body start bouncing! Dope love it!

No criticism here.

J Cole:

Nice lay back chill beat fits well with the lyric vocals.

Didn’t get to hear the Eminem lyric beat

Good work on these man, love that instrumental :fire::fire::fire:
Thanks man like Dusty said the acca wasnt really working as wel as id hoped so might mash some verses to it at some point