Kanye doing sometbing I actually agree with

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Kanye planning to not put album on streaming services to try and force people to buy it.

I fully back this idea - and for any of you who have been following me, you'll recall me suggesting this for a while now.

People will want to hear it. So people will buy it. Especially kids today seem to have money to chuck at anything.
I'll be really curious to see how it plays out, as his level of fame should prompt quite a significant success... I'm curious how it would work with lower status artists. Will people just go ah meh and leave it, or actually want to hear.

I use streaming a lot for my music consumption now, really useful. However, I personally feel its devalued a lot of my experience of music... when I used to buy or (ahem) download albums, I'd bump that album for a good while. And go back to them. Really digest them. Now with streaming I may stumble across an artist find their album think it's amazing, then a few months (if that) have completely forgotten about its existence. Before I repeat the process. Didn't pay for it, didn't store it anywhere, and off I go into the mass of other songs out there.

I miss albums. A tangible object. The physical thing itself, the artwork and the whole collection of work inside. I think music died when the album died. Streaming does not look like its going to become what radio was. And the current generations experience and consumption of music is so empty.

There's got to be some way back for Music, I do eagerly await its arrival.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Kanye planning to not put album on streaming services to try and force people to buy it.

I fully back this idea - and for any of you who have been following me, you'll recall me suggesting this for a while now.

People will want to hear it. So people will buy it. Especially kids today seem to have money to chuck at anything.
I'll be really curious to see how it plays out, as his level of fame should prompt quite a significant success... I'm curious how it would work with lower status artists. Will people just go ah meh and leave it, or actually want to hear.

I use streaming a lot for my music consumption now, really useful. However, I personally feel its devalued a lot of my experience of music... when I used to buy or (ahem) download albums, I'd bump that album for a good while. And go back to them. Really digest them. Now with streaming I may stumble across an artist find their album think it's amazing, then a few months (if that) have completely forgotten about its existence. Before I repeat the process. Didn't pay for it, didn't store it anywhere, and off I go into the mass of other songs out there.

I miss albums. A tangible object. The physical thing itself, the artwork and the whole collection of work inside. I think music died when the album died. Streaming does not look like its going to become what radio was. And the current generations experience and consumption of music is so empty.

There's got to be some way back for Music, I do eagerly await its arrival.
This reminds me of Prince because he was like that and never had any of his stuff on the streaming sites. It wasn't surprising since he was stuck in the 80s (look at the pictures of his mansion, it's like an 80s time capsule).

But even that clip of Snoop talking about a billion streams he's had and only made around $45,000. That's crazy. Now imagine if he sold 1 billion copies of a single - THAT would be serious.

I always questioned streaming though because he just doesn't seem legit at all and there's definitely cheating going on. Even the other day I saw something with Ariana Grande where she released all these different versions of the same song on Spotify, so of course each one is counted separately so it ups her streams and exposure. Ridiculous.

Nothing beats having a physical copy of a single/album.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I @Fade love physical (read, CD) copies of an "album" but with CD players being absent from cars and the concept of an album being too much for social media short attention span types who don't listen to music for real, what gives?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Agreed.

We are in the microwave music era.
It’s crazy how bad it’s gotten. I have purchased some projects and even those get tossed by the wayside since music is so much overconsumption now. I have music I’d never buy or listen to if I had to physically buy the album. I listen to more genres than ever.

I wouldn’t buy a new snoop album. I wouldn’t buy most of these albums and songs I listen to… I purchased albums of my absolute favorite artists, period.

The fraction of a penny these artists get from me is better than zero they would get any other way.

The game has changed. Gotta tour more. Do more shows.