Kanye and Timbo - Reworking 'Stronger'

AMG

God:Mind~Asiatic
ill o.g.
that was interesting! was it necessary for timbo to brag about his sounds...LOL.

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
"I GOT EVERY DRUM MACHINE SOUND EVER MADE!"

Loved it.

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
Good Vid, good to see that kanye didnt jus leave the track how it was, even though he was dissatisfied with the quality of the kick. Shows the perfectionist in him, the engineers must have been happy that they didnt have to mix that song for the 13th time. I have always loved Timbo's drums.

BlazedOut

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
yeh i like the way kanye was paying attention to what timbo was sayin for the sake of making the track even thought timbo was blowing his own trumpet

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
what's amazing to me is how Ye didn't know to layer a more punchy kick to get the effect he wanted. I guess he's got so much going on that he had a brain freeze or something.

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
what's amazing to me is how Ye didn't know to layer a more punchy kick to get the effect he wanted. I guess he's got so much going on that he had a brain freeze or something.

There was a interesting article I read a while back where the engineer Kanye has worked with since he was just in a local rap group makes some comments that basically equates to: Kanye is a great talent, but he lacks a a pretty basic knowledge in recording/ mixing techniques.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Funny part is Tim uses the same snare a lot. I do the samething though which is why I don't brag about stuff.

::: Dope post :::

lol! only on IllMuzik do people comment on your use of a certain snare. I really could careless. If it sounds good to you that's all that matters. Before there were a million and 1 drum kits your snare use was limited. The most you could do was put some type of effect on it. Now you have to have just the right snare...BS. There are no A&R's sitting back saying "damn", I can't sign him because he used the same or wrong snare on every track.....lmbao

There was a interesting article I read a while back where the engineer Kanye has worked with since he was just in a local rap group makes some comments that basically equates to: Kanye is a great talent, but he lacks a a pretty basic knowledge in recording/ mixing techniques.

Yea I peep'd that as well. Having shit mixed umteen times has nothing to do with being a perfectionist, it's being anal if you ask me. Especially if your using engineers that have been in the game and have engineered classic shit. That's the female in Ye. Dames can't ever make up there mind and when they do it's usually ass backwards....lol..I hope my wife doesn't read this.

booya_nang

A breath of fre$h air!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 76
A big fan of timbo's drums, nice to see producers collaborate...even kanye needs help sometimes, just goes to show

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
lol! only on IllMuzik do people comment on your use of a certain snare. I really could careless. If it sounds good to you that's all that matters. Before there were a million and 1 drum kits your snare use was limited. The most you could do was put some type of effect on it. Now you have to have just the right snare...BS. There are no A&R's sitting back saying "damn", I can't sign him because he used the same or wrong snare on every track.....lmbao

You looking to far into what I was saying.

I never sh*t on someone for a particluar sound. Tim likes his snare. If I get $500,000 a beat... I'd use the same snare all the time too. I was just saying it was funny he was bragging about having every drum sound ever but uses the same one all the time.

Swizz does the samething too and I would never sh*t on Swizz.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
You looking to far into what I was saying.

I never sh*t on someone for a particluar sound. Tim likes his snare. If I get $500,000 a beat... I'd use the same snare all the time too. I was just saying it was funny he was bragging about having every drum sound ever but uses the same one all the time.

Swizz does the samething too and I would never sh*t on Swizz.

no no no..i wasn't saying that about u man...lol

I meant that for most it doesn't matter what your choice of snare is. The only place I've ever heard of someone telling someone to change there use of snare is here on IllMuzik in the showcases. It was not directed at you.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
On the real...Ye got issues man. He came into the game sideways or something. He's getting songs mixed in several diff't places multiple times! Common sense would tell anybody that's done this on a professional or semi-professional level that mixing in diff't places yields diff't results. Why he doesn't get that point is mind boggling to me. That's what makes the big time engineers diff't. That's what gave them there status in the game. You get a diff't sound depending on who you deal with. His studio bill has to be through the roof!

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i heard he spent mad money on late registration in regards to mixing and stuff.... he prolly spent even more on this record from the looks of it. But .. to his defense, the record sounds great sonically just like late registration... .. really BIG and organic sound to the record. Good Morning, Flashlight, Stronger, Cant tell me nothin, Good life.. they sound HUGE straight up.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
^^^True! But what if he got that final sound from the first Engineer he laid his shit out in, went to ten others and eventually settled on the first one, how much money did he throw away? I can see how thinking like he does could be ingenious while at the same time get way out of hand. You know thest labels. You can't keep wasting money before they reel you in. As long as you're selling hundreds of thousands of records they're cool because it comes out of your budget. But if your record sales fall off it's a done deal!

manguino

Pressure Makes Diamonds
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Just wondering, but didn't Ye use DJ Toomp's sytnhs for a few of the songs?

lol some sounded stock but i really loved them

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i heard he spent mad money on late registration in regards to mixing and stuff.... he prolly spent even more on this record from the looks of it. But .. to his defense, the record sounds great sonically just like late registration... .. really BIG and organic sound to the record. Good Morning, Flashlight, Stronger, Cant tell me nothin, Good life.. they sound HUGE straight up.

No doubt about the sonic quality. I was so impressed with Good Morning... I've been listening to that song all week (haven't heard anything else on the album, cause I'm stuck on that song).

I think it would be a lot more practical if he had it mixed once, then checked out the mix and listened to it on different systems then went back and made adjustments. The impression I got from the article is that Ye has trouble communicating to engineers what he wants, hence the grab bag of mixes. If he worked with one engineer and communicated what he wanted he could get the same sonic quality. He's working with the best of the best.

Homeboy seems mad insecure.

On the same token, to each his own, at the end of the day his sh!t is hot. And no matter the bill, it ain't hurting his pockets.

It's actually cool, he's so concerned about his sound.

Can't deny it's odd though.

members online