K-os !?

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
does anyone know much about this guy i heard a couple of songs by him, superstar part zero and his new one crabbuckit and i like both those tracks, but i've never heard anything about him, he kinda sounds a bit like q-tip !

Hita_K

Dilltastic
ill o.g.
I've been hearing nuttin but good things about his album, but i still havent copped it yet. He has been out for a good minute, but i gotta big him up cuz he reps Tdot (toronto) still.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
He a very talented artist with a great message. His style is close to Mos Def, Talib Kweli and Outkast... it's a great listen, but you have to be open minded to other styles of music to apreciate it, cuz the cat likes to experiment a lot and he has that old school breakbeat flav he likes a lot (like superstar part zero)

Canada's up in here!!!

boabmatic

ill o.g.
there is a great remix of his track 'heaven only knows' that uses a speeded up sample of ice cube's 'it was a good day'

not heard a bad track from him...(yet)

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Dude is nice wit' his! Nice different style of music. I've only heard a few cuts from him but I've liked everything I've heard so far. I'll be getting the album also. Word is bond tho' when I first saw that crabbuckit video I thought that my man from Black Eyed Peas had went solo or somethin'. LOL!
ONE

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
Shits so Old they Premier His Singles on BET like a Year after its been out And I dont get it we got alot of that Good Old School HIphop up here and the New Shit 2 but we Cant get on BET or MTV . WTF is up with that Stop Hatin on Us !

djswivel

Producer Extraordinaire
ill o.g.
CampO said:
Shits so Old they Premier His Singles on BET like a Year after its been out And I dont get it we got alot of that Good Old School HIphop up here and the New Shit 2 but we Cant get on BET or MTV . WTF is up with that Stop Hatin on Us !

I couldnt agree more...Canada has madd talent but none of these labels wanna invest any money into Canadian artists. They want to keep the money within their own economy, promote their own artists, and basically fuck everyone else. Even the dudes in Canada who do have major label deals get no promotion budget, their albums come out, flop, then they get dropped...I can't wait for someone from Toronto blows the fuck up like 50 or Em did...Put us on the map, and put some of us on. Hopefully in a few years I'll be in a position to put some of the Canadian talent on!! Watch out!!

M

mumbleshiphop

Fade said:
Actually he's been around since the early 90's. Check for his song "Musical Essence" from that period, very dope stuff.

That track is sick... lookin for that 12", its like super rare... my boy has that on an old toronto mixtape...

K-Os has 2 albums out, Exit is his first one and his second one is Joyful Rebellion which was released in 2004. Cop both albums if you have a chance, they're both good. Another song I'm diggin from his new album is "the man I used to be"...

members online