Just Blaze Video Interview 10/27/2006: "i sworn off the mpc!"

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
.... lol, i like how u threw FL in as the example for "MORE" powerful than the mpc lol.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
He never once metions FL..SampleTank,Logic, Battery,Komplete Yes,but no FL..thats what i find humerous,but anyways like Just said and what hundreds of members of this site has mentioned....Its the man not the machine....what cant people just be happy sum people use software and other use hardware....sum even both

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
He never once metions FL..SampleTank,Logic, Battery,Komplete Yes,but no FL..thats what i find humerous,but anyways like Just said and what hundreds of members of this site has mentioned....Its the man not the machine....what cant people just be happy sum people use software and other use hardware....sum even both

LMFAO!

yea, now just blaze says it, and cats decide to believe now...

well i'm assuming some cats will watch and just do whatever just is doin..

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1

He mentions it, but in a negative way. lol

"i can just pull out fruity loops and bom-bom-snap, bom-bom-snap, eh-e-e-e-eee"

in the middle of the first party...

the most intresting part is about the sample clearing and shit imo.
he and jay isn't making any money of 'show me what you got' cause of the sample clearances, but they did it cause of the music. that's cool!

haha, and he bought Fabolous - Breathe of iTunes for his laptop.

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
LMFAO!

yea, now just blaze says it, and cats decide to believe now...

well i'm assuming some cats will watch and just do whatever just is doin..

haha word ... i was thinking the same thing .. fucking lemmings lol .... people need to stop worrying about what keyboard or programs he or she uses and make some muthafucin muzik

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
bottom line, a swimmer can swim in any water, Just got his fame from the gear, yeah he gives props like a lot of people do or that use both equally I use both....but its hard to teach the old head new tricks its basically that the bike you learn to ride on you will ride for the most part...thats bottom line, and again to disprove....yes its not the machine I dont always ascribe to that thought though...but there are things in the secrets arena you wont be able to pull off on fruity loops and vice versa beyond putting a simple song down you could do on any sequencer...my plus on gear is the TRIcks and secrets factor basically...its more on not that the outcome is hot but what makes your own workflow better I think thats where the debate really stands though, so just because of this video it changes nothing of industry standards though....I stay with the gear LOL...IMO

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
.but now even just blaze understand that software like FL etc... is MORE powerfull.here is the vid
enjoy.

http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/DIARIES.18.0.html?act_aced_side=114

Ive noticed that alot of yourposts u mention how software (FL in praticular) is some how better then hardware(MPC's) in particular.

Like big D said, if ur a dope producer u can use anything, My partner ash holmz was banging out beats on logic, and now he bangs out beats on an MPC 4000, neither is superior, its just personal prefrerence....

Thanks for the link..

class...

trinidad

The Last B-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
He mentions it, but in a negative way. lol

"i can just pull out fruity loops and bom-bom-snap, bom-bom-snap, eh-e-e-e-eee"

in the middle of the first party...

the most intresting part is about the sample clearing and shit imo.
he and jay isn't making any money of 'show me what you got' cause of the sample clearances, but they did it cause of the music. that's cool!

haha, and he bought Fabolous - Breathe of iTunes for his laptop.

not really i think he was indirectly getting on snap music in that quote, but yea hard ware/software no diff EXCEPT in cost. thats IT. Other than that its all preference.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
If He Was Usin Fl He Wouldnt Use The Piano Roll Anyway, Picture Blaze Clikin Drums...lol
He Gonna Have Atleast A M-audio Pad, If Not The 1000 Or 2500, That Nigga Might Figure Out How To Hook His Mp To The Pc/mac
It Would Be Interesting To Hear His Transition Though, Well Probably Never Hear Those First Few Beats.

Plug: I Aint Pay No Clearances For My "show Me What You Got" Remix...
P.s. Plug: Its On Myspace.

bhunt

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think somebody already said it in here best. He is a gear head he will be onto something new in a few months. HAhhahaha

dfine

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
use wahatever ya got. even fat albert and the junkyard gang made music with pipes, bed springs and radators an sh*t!

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
use wahatever ya got. even fat albert and the junkyard gang made music with pipes, bed springs and radators an sh*t!

as inspiring as this may be...it was just a cartoon.lol

dj360_iNfInItE1

UNDeRGROUND STaTE of MiND
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 16
Regardless of the fact o fit being a cartoon, dfine is right. It doesn't matter what the hell a producer or beat maker makes their beats with. If you can make dope beats, make them. All this arguing over what's better software or hardware and then going into specific software and hardware beyond that is crazy. It's like if you are a talented cross country runner, it really doesn't matter if you wear Nike or Reebok. It's all just a matter of preference. Feel me?