Jus a poor kid...

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Pozdrav! This in Croatian means hello, hi or some other form of greeting people. Of course, if I speak croatian, then I am one. I bet most of u guyz don`t even know where this small country is located. Just a hint. It`s in the Balkans. We have preety active hip hop scene. There was once this show on german mtv called fett mtv. They said that the cro scene is third in Europe. Of course, they didn`t count the UK. Just for the continental part of Europe. I`m an mc, got some demo shit on tapes. But I also produce. Thats cos when I first started I couldnt afford a professional producer. By the time I started producin for other people, for now, jus pro bono, cos people are preety poor over here. I also wanted to obtain the artist page on this ill sit but I gave up for now cos in this moment I cant afford it. I just want to say that I`ve never seen so much good spirit on any site on the web. I jus love ILL MUZIK. I also hope that U will accept me though I`m jus a newbie. Much love from FABRIK!

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Welcome and have a great time over here. Dont do any business with eyepoking goons.

M!nd_Ctrl

Posted Up
ill o.g.
What's up. Glad to see you like this place. As far as being new to production, we all had to start somewhere and you will find that people here are more than willing to help. Good luck.

Ctrl

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Thanx!

First of all THANK YOU! It means a lot. At first, I thought that you will ignore me. Im glad Im wrong! Answer for Classic, ur wright about Kukoc, Gordan Giricek is also playin in NBA now, thats another croatian in best league in the world. But they are not the only ones at the sports top. Our handball team is champ of the world, in skiing we have first places, in tennis also. But I aint into sports, I just like to watch. Except me and my girlie shootin pool. My setup... Well. For now strictly software, I started beatmaking 3-4 years ago. Started with FL then on to Reason, after that Acid pro 3 and 4, and now Ableton Live 4 rewired with Reason. In town where I live its hard to get a job so Im moving to the capital city of Croatia called Zagreb. Then I`ma start saving money for some midi keyboards, better souncard and maybe a mic. I was a radio host for about a year. Strictly hip hop with some r&b and dancehall. The name of a show was Tabula Rasa. But I Had to quit from the show beacause of o distance between my town and the other one where was that radio. We also had a show in my city but local government shut it down. My songs were played thruout the entire country. But I guess thats not a top of the world beacause we have just a little bit more than 4 million people and its really small country. I hope we will continue to comunicate. Peacu out.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Watch out fade might try and recruit you for illmuzikradio ;) and beware of Jason's Sister...

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Fabrik, Welcome To IllMuzik! :wave2:
Zdraste! (I was born in Russia). Nice to see someone from Croatia! :yes:

This is not really music-related, but i'd like to hear your personal experiences from the horrible war - Croatian War of Independence 1991-1995...

I wish you all the best.

Have A Good Time And Enjoy Your Stay,
Wings

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well... I was seven when it all started. Serbs started to massacre civilians for no reason. It was always obvious that this war would take place. I have spent many nights in basements. Couple of times I almost got killed by a serbian grenade. My pop`s got PTSP (post traumatic stress sindrome) He was liutenant. That war wasnt fair to start with. Our warriors had just their hunting rifles in the beggining. On the other side, serbians had a whole arsenal of weapons and military equipment that left when Yugoslavia fall apart. They had tanks, machine guns, snipers... They shot mostly civilian targets like hospitals kindergardens, schools and other objects that had nothin to do with the army. Geneva convention for us didnt exist. And now their war criminals are walking freely. Now almost ten years after the war Croatia still bears war scars. Serbs almost taken my city but croatian patriots defended their homes, luckily.

If you want me something else to tell you, just ask.

By the way my fav emcee is Talib Kweli and the best producer Hi-Tek so that makes Reflection Eternal :) ...from right to left and left to right if you fight to the death wats left to fight...

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
yo fabrik man you been through some shit dog nice to see you come out of that, i had this lt. col come to my rotc class and talk to us about the war and the special forces missions he went on in afghanastan and shit and war aint no joke and shit, he showed us videos and everything,

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fabrik. I'm a newbie as well. Props for holding it down in Croatia. You are a true pioneer. Getting your joints played all over a country is big no matter what size it is, congrats on that keep pushing your ish. You should post up some of your demo stuff, I would definitely like to hear how you rock over there.

Is there any Croatian artist that you think are dope and is there any way I can check them out?

Fabrik

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah man. There is one producer called Baby Dooks. He did production for Erik Sermon & Redman on this joint called Tear Da Club. He also made a track for Masta Killah`s No Said Date. I dont know the exact name but its the last song on the album with this chinese sample. Hip hop in croatia exists pretty long. In the late 80`s there were people doin all aspects of Hip hop. We got first hip hop radio show in 1994 called Blackout. Its da bomb. Some of the artist are Bolesna braca & Tram 11. They were working with lots of people from all over. If you got The platform from Dilated Peoples listen to the outro. There is something that Croatia is mentioned in. When I get a job I will send my beats to Fade to audition them so he can decide will he put em on the site. Peace.