Jay-Z & Nas to unite???

SketchUp

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Rumour has it that Kanye West and Steve Stoute are working on a collabo wit Jay-Z and Nas.....

This is a story on SOHH.com, and like it says this would be hip hop history, but i seriously doubt that it will happen.

what do y'all think?

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I think it could happen, why not? They had a lyrical beef nothing like what 50 and Game got... And plus I think they respect each other enough to do something like that... We'll have to see, only time can tell on this one... But, I think It could happen fa sho..

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
yea it'll def happen i think. they actually are one of the few rap beefs to keep it completely on wax.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i hope it does happen, would be interestin to see what they do.

sAfE.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i think it will happen...they to smart to have a beef and have that shyt for real to the point where they have tru hatred for each other..they understand that hip hop beef is hip hop beef and the overall picture of hip hop is much bigger than some fuckin beef they got goin on

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
jay-z is too busy being ceo and all, and nas is working to get his promotion at mcdonalds.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
this would be a good thing for hip hop.

with all of the *wack* beef and the monkey-monkey-do mentality here, this would show the truest spirit of the hip hop "beef" which isnt "beef" so much as the "battle"- two mc's goin at it and keepin it at the artistic level, not taking it outside of that context. so while there were obvious personal feelings between them, they kept it hip hop instead of trying a bit to hard to keep it "hood" like some other cats these days....

there were obvious feelings, and thus for them to keep it purely on wax was a good move, and to be able to come together in the name of great music would show people whats really important to us- good music.

9zeros

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
From a recent listening session of late registration:

"Each record that Kanye played, from "Drive Slow" with Paul Wall and GLC to "Bring Me Down" with Brandy, received such a positive reaction that he played a record he planned to debut on Funkmaster Flex's New York radio show. The track — one of Jay-Z's favorites — is called "We Major" and features Nas.

Nas raps, "I love to give my blood sweat and tears to the mic/ So y'all cop the LPs and fiends got helped/ I'm like Jesse Jackson on the balcony when King got killed/ I survived the livest n---as around ..."

one of jay z's favorite tracks it says

i think the whole thing with jay and nas was made up, both needed a spark at the time of the battle and they got it

listen to all jay and nas interviews lately, when they ask jay about hiphop going down he goes to name 4-5 rappers he likes and mentions nas

compare that to shaq and kobe, when things were good, shaq would say kobe was the best in the game, but currently and when they had a fight or something shaq would say ray allen AI kg duncan, and clearly not mention kobe at all

at every nas show now, nas says he loves jay, he had his dj cut jays name out of ether

and this is the music industry where black balling is in the rule book, so if jay really hated nas or had a problem with him he wouldnt sign off on the track, let alone say its one of his favorites

and what a way to hype the album up even more, add the rapper which kanye made the battle track against

im looking forward to the track and the album, it should be good

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Damn, sounds dope... I knew they respected each other, them cats both get boatloads of respect from me and I know other hip hop fans will say the same... They both paid dues and they are both legends to this shit... Fuck a song, they should do an entire album together... ALthough, anything along them lines would be classic material...

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Nas has said a few times he would do it in interviews

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah both have said they would do it, and on a Tru-Life (Roc-La-Familia's new artist) freestyle track off the new Kay Slay mixtape one of the first lines is about how Jay & Nas should do a track together... Rather coincedental...

J

joblack00

wasn't true life the cat who Alchemist let in the studio and ran up on Mobb Deep and some Wu cats???

J

joblack00

But to be honest though I HOPE Nas and Jay DONT COLLAB...

Just for simple fact that I am tired of all the Jay-z dick riders who if Jay even makes a fart...burp or pissing sound on the record will say that was the greatest verse they ever heard and Jay should be crowned GOAT...

I got into an argument the other day that Jay-z was the greatest freestyler of all time at work... so silly... Supernatural is even better at freestyling than almost all MC's

Anyways fans won't see the record as two cats squashing beef and making amends...

And besides if they don't like each other just stay the fuck out each other's way... I know if I don't like a nigga I don't want that nigga around me and I don't want to be around them... just creates negative energy you feel me...

members online