Is this crap? Or does it work?

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
As far as I know this cannot be done, anyone want to correct me?
Wouldnt there be copyright problems?
Has anyone used this?
If so let me know cuz if it does I think we are all gonna cop it!!!
http://www.make-your-own-karaoke.com/backingtracksdownload.htm
I just noticed the disclaimer saying some trax are better than others...
For search purposes later I must now say: removing vocals from music cd's.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
What up Relic - There are free programs that do the same thing (check out Analog X Vocal Remover). They remove a good chunk of the vocals but also a lot of the other audio also. As mentioned, it only works with stereo songs since most vocals are usually dead center in the stereo field. I've never heard one that really removes all the vocals without degrading the rest of the audio. I don't think it's possible, well maybe with the phase reversal method. As far as copyright problems, I can't say.

M

MasterMaker

Haha give it a try. But the only thing it's doing is removing some frequencies i think.

i dont think it will work on every song

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
eventually a program will be able to identify each seperate instrument signature and vocal signature; identifing them as seperate entities.

most instruments have specific signatures from second to second, especially hiphop loops.. which could be used to track that signature and identify it individually. once that is achieved then we can take an mp3 and divide the signatures into seperate tracks, recreating the original pre-mixdown.

i learned that from mr wizard in 1988.. neat huh

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
It actually sounds like the audio is degraded. I understand it's an mp3, and the original is degraded as well, but the "AFTER" version sounds like there's some processing going on, and you don't want that.

I wonder if it actually does take everything that's out of the dead center. It can work for most mixes, but as for the people like me, who get creative with it, I don't usually pan in dead center. I have vocals all over the place. I heard "Billie Jean" in class with the right side phase-reversed, and all you heard was backup vocals, guitars, etc. The problem with this is that the kick and snare were panned dead center too, so you barely heard those. I'm curious to see how this software actually works.

members online