Is there something better then Recycle for chopping?

Daymo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Is there a way in Soundforge to chop automatically and then fine tune the chops similar to the beat slicer in fruity?

At the moment I'm simply highlighting a section of the sample and copying to another file and saving as a wav. Then I'm moving on to the next section of the sample and doing the same thing again and again until I've chopped the whole thing up. Pretty time consuming and not very acurate.

There's gotta be a better way!

Cheers
Daymo

CVPbeatz

ill o.g.
If you cold select each region to export in its own file path, that woulda been nice....i use the trigger finger to do the highlighting n stuff, cuttn pasting, but im gonna install my 8 again to see if it could do it.

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
word to formant, recycles automated slicing functions are aight for drums but id prefer using my ears for chopping up instrument samples. i guess any waveeditor is just as good as the next. adobe audition s got a very nice WE. i prefer it coz of a few handy functions which are not that easily accessable in soundforge and wavelab.

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
I use cooledit for the main choppin and i only use recycle when its time to stick it into reason.

S

sampleit!

NI's intakt is is good for chopping samples, i prefer to use that to recycle. i usually make the loops in soundforge, then chop it in intakt!!!! its whatever suits your personal taste there's so many programs out there now hek you can even do it within cubase now!!!!!!

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
All FL users seriously need to consider buying beat slicer. I just got it yesterday and it does exactly what I thought it would do. Beatslicer is to FL as recycle is to reason. It saves time and easier to use than going back and forth using adobe or something. Mad accurate.

To the guy who's having the robitic sounds, you have too many chops!! You can't have extremely inrticate cuts and expect it to play back smoothly. I've had that problem forever in FL using the regular slicer becuase it would make too many chops and i had no way of controlling it. With beat slicer though its easy as hell to take out the unnecessary ones and fine tune the other ones. I think i came in late on this topic ah well though.

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
cool edit!!! it has more features than recyle and u can convert to many types of files..

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
cool edit has more things you can do to the audio itself in terms of effects. Recycle and beatslicer automatically chop samples for you and its way easier to manually adjust multiple chops in one sample than it is in cool edit. I've used both.

members online