is there a difference?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
in the way drums would sound on a track if they were done on an mpc1000 versus if i did the same drums on a track in fruity loops? i mean would the same beat sound better if made drums on mpc or in fruity loops. do most people use an mpc cuz that's what there favorite producers use or is it really goin make drums sound better than a software program. any tips on making banging drums in fruity loops........this question probably been asked before. i just wanna know if an mpc a good investment or not. i mostly rhyme but i like makin my own beats cuz it helps customize my uneek sound-that kid 1982

504MusicMan

ill o.g.
that kid said:
in the way drums would sound on a track if they were done on an mpc1000 versus if i did the same drums on a track in fruity loops? i mean would the same beat sound better if made drums on mpc or in fruity loops. do most people use an mpc cuz that's what there favorite producers use or is it really goin make drums sound better than a software program. any tips on making banging drums in fruity loops........this question probably been asked before. i just wanna know if an mpc a good investment or not. i mostly rhyme but i like makin my own beats cuz it helps customize my uneek sound-that kid 1982

The majority of us use the MPC because it has some realistic features that we can use in our production to tighten it up. (I suggest you do a Google on the specs of the AKAI Midi Production Centers various models , 1000, 2000XL, 4000)

The main thing at hand is the Producers skilz not the Software / Hardware.

Yea, MPC actually has a "Swing" feature you can simply increase or decrease its settings and add a touch of swing to a track with the twist of the knob.

And its tru the "Quantization" on the MPC will smoke Fruity Loops any day.

The only way a Fruity Loops producer can get good at using / programming they tracks with Swing is by practicing. And sometimes that dosen't even help.

I listen to some of 9th Wonders tracks and his shitz be "robotic" sounding. If you really into Music Production you understand where I'm coming from.

9th not a bad producer. I didn't say that so don't go there, don't start crying peeps.

Its just something to do with the app he using.

One other thing.

I try to program with a "Natural Swing" meaning i try to use MPC with Quantization turned off. Because if i don't program in this matter , the beatz will sound just as "robotic / stiff" as alot of Fruity Loops beatz.

When programming Drumz you want them to sound as if a "real' drummer was puttin it down. And in real life , a drummer swing / quantization is his skillz not a setting on a piece of Software / Hardware.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
thanks i might buy an mpc-1000 to use with my software. i'll check the specs first-that kid

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well to get that raw effect in fruity loops i play all my drums from the keyboard if you want swing make swing yourself man get a midi keyboard i suggest a m audio brand they are killer in fruity find your style and master it dog holla

ron herman

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im still not understanding the "fl studio drums sound stiff stuff". You can place a kick or snare anywhere you want to in the piano roll. I do it all the time to make my claps a little off from the snare. I make hip hop tracks so Im not that concerned with trying to sound like an actual drummer. I would cop a drum set and take lessons if that was such big concern.

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i dont see why you would invest so much money in an mpc, just cos you think it might help your drums sound a little cleaner...anyone who cant make drums sound realistic on flstudio is new to producing, or fucking retarded....fuck, concord dawn made morning light on fruity loops 2 in 2001 and the drums are fucking tight.....some of the best breaks were created on things far shittier than fruity loops.....paradox is arguably the best drum line creator in electronic music today and he uses a fucking atari and a tracking program...an oooold tracking program.......find good drum samples...it really isnt that hard in this day and age, and start chopping and creating....dont buy an mpc just cos you think your drums arent perfect, i know you are new to this, it will just take time

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
If u use a midi keyboard/controller to input ur note u should be able to get any pattern that you would program on the MPC.

but there is a certain tone that drums sampled into the MPC aquire which you would be hard pressed to duplicate on FL.

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Jimba Frosty said:
yea FL cant do what an mpc can in that terms cos its quantizing is horrid, but reason is great

Do you always talk out your neck ?

Cuz not only does FL have more Quantize And Humanizing Presets Than Reason -

But Its Velocities and Swing Works The Same Way as any other.

The MPC one is unique.

But it doesnt make it any better or worse than FL.

IMO - my swing is perfect in FL - and so is 9th wonders.

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
... I enjoy making drums better on the MPC... though I think that it's more the person programming the drums and not the sequencer...

Take FL for what it is... I don't understand why so many people hate on it... The stock sounds suck... alright... but if you have the correct VSTs... the mixing is fine and so is the sequencing...