is the roland mv-8000 as good as a mpc2000xl

• beat this! voting starts in...
D

dipset1988

i want to know if the mv-8000 is capable of doing everything that the 2000xl. i wanted to know this because im thinking of buying one of them and heard that the mpc crashes a lot and has a couplle of problems with it. i read that the mv-8000 is a solid machine and doesnt crash but i read that the sequencer and the pads arent as great as the mpcs. i really need honest comments and not biased mpc users.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
are Dipset as good as The Lox?

I've never heard of any problems with the MPC crashing... as far as I know it's a very stable piece of equipment. Both are really dope machines from what I've heard... my advice would be to work out exactly what features are most important and then buy whatever machine is most inline with your needs

good luck with it

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
trust ur own judgement....

dipset1988 said:
i want to know if the mv-8000 is capable of doing everything that the 2000xl. i wanted to know this because im thinking of buying one of them and heard that the mpc crashes a lot and has a couplle of problems with it. i read that the mv-8000 is a solid machine and doesnt crash but i read that the sequencer and the pads arent as great as the mpcs. i really need honest comments and not biased mpc users.

depends on what ur trying to do, there is no set easy answer for this so give up trying to look for one, its all a matter of prefrence, ur best bet is to go to gutiar center and try them youself. Dont really on other cats opionions when ur the one who is gonna be making beats on it

As far as MPC's crashing lol, i havent had any problems wit mine

class....

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
dipset1988 said:

Well I'll answer it like this, the MV-8000 was designed based on the MPC series, so MPC must be doing something right. It really isn't the machine bro, it's what you put into that mofo. Most people don't know what the hell they're buying, they'll buy an MPC and then find out that they only really needed an MPD 16 to go with their cpu setup.

MPC's are rock-solid, especially the 2K series.
If you wanna know if the MV-8000 is compatible w/ MP 2K, then go to musicianfriend.com
or zzounds and do a side-by-side comparison,

Bottom line, we're only gonna tell you based on OUR personal experiences, so it will definitely be biased, it's YOUR hard-earned cash, so I would grab a dude who is pretty knowledgeable in the studio and have him come with you to Guitar Cntr and try it out.

Producer X

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The true comparison should be the MV8000 and the MPC4000. Feature-wise, the MV is more flexible than the MPC2K XL. But as mentioned before, you have to make an educated decision. Hit the guitar center ASAP.

X

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Do a quick forum search on this subject. We just recently had a big discussion / comparison thread about these two machines. By the way; Producer X is 100% correct. MV8000 was made to compete with the MPC4000, not the 2000XL. You really have to sit down and think about what you want to do with the machine. If you want to take your beats from start to finished cd in one box then go with the MV. If that is not your goal then save your loot and get the MPC. I myself own a MPC2000XL maxxed out; and it has never crashed on me. It also does everything that I need it to do before sending my beats to be polished in my computer. The MV8000 has alot of stuff on it that I would never even use so why waste the money? That's just MY opinion bro'. You may be far more advanced in production than I am and can find a use for all of the MV8000's options. Whereas at this point and time my computer is the tool that I use for editing etc. Just take your time and figure out what YOU need.
Also; everything you stated about the two machines was correct except for the MPC crashing part. I've tried both of them myself.
ONE

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
MPC is a universal tool, there loads what you can do with it, even controlling discolights and vj software, dimmerpack dmx the lot...It just as how silly you want it to handle, I use it as tape player/recorder to midi gear...I sit behind a masterboard somewhere or a clavinova, hit the metronome and start prssing record... Hook it up to any vst wrapper/loader and hotwire the shit to vst's and screw the software sampler, you pull that one on a emu card and you got youself an mpc with SP1200 sound. Hell, I use it as mpd16 hehe. Or complete produce complete tracks on it with edited samples from pc, livesets with other midigear due to 32chnls(techno/elektro, I got rack for that shit). I believe the key to this machine is simplicity, no fancy stuff just midi and a S2000 sampler, nothing special actually besides good pades and a tight-as-fuck sequencer.

MV8000 is like the ultra advanced MPC, in fact, it a competitor to the 4K. I dont know which one is better since I dont have a purpose for it, I'd just have more s/w fx and dynamics which I'd rather not use, multitracking options to disk, VGA out and Mouse, good sample editing/slicing, midi writing capabilities, midi functions and mixer. They both probably have it all, but if you're using a pc you have 2 daw's ?

That's the difference between mpc1/2k and the topmodels like MV8000/MPC4k, one can be a DAW or core in your daw, the other is a DAW (for the noobs, digital audio workstation).

D

dipset1988

thanks for all the info. i think im gonna go with the mpc2000xl because i want a simple sequencer and the price is less than the mv-8000. i think ill put the extra money on the side and start saving for a triton or fantom. thanks again, everybodys comment was helpful

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
dipset1988 said:
thanks for all the info. i think im gonna go with the mpc2000xl because i want a simple sequencer and the price is less than the mv-8000. i think ill put the extra money on the side and start saving for a triton or fantom. thanks again, everybodys comment was helpful

that's what's really good

good luck with it bro

members online