Is The Game the next big thing in Hip Hop??

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Hi

The other day I've read an article about The Game, and this article said that He was about to be the next big thing in Hip Hop, and Interscope was sure that He was about to sell more than 850 000 units in the first week, actually more than 50cent made the first week.

I've heard some of his songs, I think he is good but is he really the next big thing in Hip Hop?

Lo'Nye

FuzE

i make beatz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 99
I dunno about the next big thing but, he'll prolly change the outlook of the west coast rap scene. He's gotta east coast flow but is a west coast G wit Dre backing him... This should be interesting.

ill o.g.
ShortFuze said:
I dunno about the next big thing but, he'll prolly change the outlook of the west coast rap scene. He's gotta east coast flow but is a west coast G wit Dre backing him... This should be interesting.

Thats exactly wat i was gonna say.

I like his flow and style and all that, and he IMO is kinda breath of fresh air to the west coast. But i dont think he'll sell more then 50. Just because people dont know his name. When 50 blew on shady rec. everybody knew his name. Game is only known mostly on the mixtape side right now.

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yes I like his style too...But I'm okay with you I don't know if we can really say that he's the next big thing.

one

Lo'Nye

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
ummmm man to be honest i think he'll do decent numbers and the west will embrace him, but its sad because xzibit just dropped one of the best albums of the year and no one will give a rip or paya ttention, although "judgement day" could be his "why"....

the thing that bothers me, personal tastes aside, is that the west thinks that we need gangsta rap to get the west back on top; we're eally stuck on the past glory thing like nobodies business. Westside Connection and all that, but we need someone who is simply a good artist who can connect with the people. thats it. both our underground artists and our commercial artists maintain somewhat of a superficial attitude. dilated doesnt really make "meaningful" songs, neither do jay 5- and when they do it generally isnt their best work. we have a strong "purist" movement- b boy culture is high in certain spots, and then there is the gangsta element that pervades mostly....

and neither of these are going ressurect the west to a prominant role. game is trying to hard already to be hard. we already know he wasnt "really" a gangsta (since when did they do "blind date"?) and that card has already been exposed.... he's not a bad mc to me, he's ok, nothing to write home about though and he aint killin nobody lyrically, but he has the strongest team around him so he should succeed. the problem is, we dont need another gangsta movement. we need to move the fuck on and do somehting else instead of trying to hang our hat on NWA and Deathrows dominance from a decade ago.

xzibit is a good start and provides a grea tbalance to all of these elements but nobody will notice him, as usual.

Lo'Nye

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I didn't even know that Xzbit album has been released. I heard that he was about to make an album called "weapn of mass destruction" but didn't know that the album has been released!!!

T

The Bastard

triple h is the game,and brock lesnar was the next big thing,but is game the next big thing? if mtv wants him to be.....

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
come on... everyone knows that Game just slept his way up to his status. Dre is lonely, horny, and willing, and so was Game. *BAm* the two mated, then Dre rewarded Game with a chance at music.

M

MIKELABZ

Dantson said:
come on... everyone knows that Game just slept his way up to his status. Dre is lonely, horny, and willing, and so was Game. *BAm* the two mated, then Dre rewarded Game with a chance at music.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO THE GAME IS... BUT I DO KNOW THIS.... DANTSON IS RETARDED.

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I don't know about THE next big thing, I heard a bunch of the tracks off his CD on Shade 45, Eminems satellite radio station, and he’s ok, not great. BUT, he has Dre backing him, and that is a huge but. Dre produces sick beats, and can make anyone sound good. Plus being associated with him is always a huge plus. He will deff be a player

M

MIKELABZ

DueceMade Ent. said:
Dam,...U 2 need a internet boxing ring!.....Fweehhhhhhh

ITS FUNNY AS SHIT.. I CAN JUST IMAGINE A SHITLOAD OF STEAM COMING OUT HIS EARS... IM JUST TOYING WITH HIM... SOMETHING TO OCCUPY MY TIME...