Is technology making us anti-social?

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
now heres whats realy annoying: before cell phones you made an appointment like "see you friday after next at 8 on the corner" and people where there. now you have to make at least three confirmation calls. one on the weekend in between, one two days before and a final one 5 minutes before meeting "are you still comming dude?" absurd

AFfriKkAaa

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Good points ppl...I remember back in the day when I had to memorise everybodys house phone number...and having to go through that uncomfortable convo with their girls parents when they pick up the house phone...

The way I see it, consoles/handhelds/computers & all that are far too accessible for kids these days so its all the entertainment they know. Take most kids computer games & TV away and they won't know what to do with themselves.

I (& I'm sure alot of ppl here did too...) grew up while home/console gaming was just starting out so games didnt have the depth and longevity that they do today, u know? U were lucky if a game was as gud quality as the arcade machine (who bothers with those now?!). I was a bit of a computer game freak as a youth in all honesty but I was mostly playing against my brother & each others mates. It was just another thing to do along with playing sports and all that other shit you get up to when you're young...

Now online gaming and ish is pretty much standard on whatever you're playing on, its too easy for ppl to grew up without much human interaction outside of school/work which makes tings hard when you do have to interact with people. Obviously the social aspect of games/computers/technology is good for times when its not possible to physically talk to someone, but so much of what somebody is saying is lost when technology is used because of body language, voice tone etc...

members online