Is it becuase of my soundcard?

ill o.g.
hi peeps......have been trying to record my vinyl songs to .wav files. wen i record the songs (using sound forge) htey sound nice on my pc speakers while being recorded. However, wen i play them back on soundforge or winamp or watever, they always sound lower in volume and more bass heavy - not big/bright sound like wen its being recorded, and not the quality of the record. I dont think its a problem with my amp or or mixer as i have tried a number of different configurations......i really think it is to do with my soundcard. however i do not want to just fork out loads of dosh on a new soundcard if it actually isnt the card......want to get some feedback from you guys on the forum as to what you think.

the card i have in my PC is:

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=205&product=14257

what do people think? and why pls?

i will appreciate any help/advice/info etc.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
It could just be that while it sounds loud when playing and recording it, the recording level is set too low so it won't sound as loud when played back. Try raising the recording level. Why it would play back with more bass I can't say. Also, check to see what sampling rate it's recording at.

ill o.g.
ah man...i'm such a tool!! the reason it sounded lower is becuase the volume on playback for wav/mp3 was set to half of what the volume for line in was! it actually also sounds as bright as on record too...i guess it being low just fooled me into thinking there was more bass.

i actually spent ages trying to figure this out but only realised wen i read ur post J-ReZyN!

cheers bud.

J-ReZyN

Soul Slinger
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
No problem. Glad you worked it out.

members online