iPad 2 oh yea

LouBez

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
brother sucio....when you cop wifey that ipad...Ill put you on to the app Im talking about and you can let me know if you hate it or not.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
while i originally wanted an android phone (because i knew my provider would never have a windows 7 phone, which i like, any time soon), my provider offered a great deal for the iphone 4, which i couldn't pass up. One thing android may never be able to catch up to, is the number of quality apps, especially games. my iphone is jailbroken, so i also have nes, snes, sega, gb, gba, n64 and ps 1 emulations. the daw control apps are nice (cubase ic, ac-7, omni live, etc), but i don't have wi-fi to take advantage of it, while the daw apps for iphone are pretty cool. android is supposed to get more in the future.

what turned my off of android a bit, was the heightened possibility of permanently bricking your phone. This is more important when you realize you're dependent not only on the manufacturer, but also your provider, to release the latest android update or version, if they even bother. some those who have rightfully jumped the gun because of that inaction/laziness, have at times fucked their phones up.

the lack of flash did bother me when i was still deciding, but i have alternative apps and i haven't been affected by the lack of flash so far.

phone-wise, android, and windows, have better phones, bigger screens, etc, due to there being more manufacturers, some of them are drool-worthy. i'm very curious about xperia play, the playstation phone using android.

i don't think you can go wrong with either android or the ios4 (while i like the windows 7 os, they won't be able to catch up to either, which might hinder their commitment), you just have to be more informed on which android phone to get, which version they have and will update to, and which ones to avoid.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
while i originally wanted an android phone (because i knew my provider would never have a windows 7 phone, which i like, any time soon), my provider offered a great deal for the iphone 4, which i couldn't pass up. One thing android may never be able to catch up to, is the number of quality apps, especially games. my iphone is jailbroken, so i also have nes, snes, sega, gb, gba, n64 and ps 1 emulations. the daw control apps are nice (cubase ic, ac-7, omni live, etc), but i don't have wi-fi to take advantage of it, while the daw apps for iphone are pretty cool. android is supposed to get more in the future.

what turned my off of android a bit, was the heightened possibility of permanently bricking your phone. This is more important when you realize you're dependent not only on the manufacturer, but also your provider, to release the latest android update or version, if they even bother. some those who have rightfully jumped the gun because of that inaction/laziness, have at times fucked their phones up.

the lack of flash did bother me when i was still deciding, but i have alternative apps and i haven't been affected by the lack of flash so far.

phone-wise, android, and windows, have better phones, bigger screens, etc, due to there being more manufacturers, some of them are drool-worthy. i'm very curious about xperia play, the playstation phone using android.

i don't think you can go wrong with either android or the ios4 (while i like the windows 7 os, they won't be able to catch up to either, which might hinder their commitment), you just have to be more informed on which android phone to get, which version they have and will update to, and which ones to avoid.

Word I hear you fam. I have emulators on my phone also. If you check out www.gameloft.com youll find that android has very high quality games as well. With the release of the Tegra Duo Core processors and Nvida video Card in the new Generation of android devices you will see that games are going to blow iphone games out the water real soon lol. And tell you the truth I never had to wait for a carrier to get the new OS as a matter of fact I get new OS's way before it his the carrier. The bricking thing is pretty much a thing of the past. If you brick you phone all you have to do is flash a SBF. Users that think they bricked their phones just dont know what they are doing. Check out what android has in their app market now the apps are on par if not better in some cases that IOS4. Remember Quality and quantity aren't the same thing. But all in all its all about user preference I phone 4 is Dope and sets the standard in terms of what smart phones are going to do. Shit I play with the wifes Ipod touch 4 all the time lol.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Ok...

Flash is now available with the Froyo release... I don't know what provider you have......But windows 7 phones need more time to develop their app selection. I want to try a windows phone, but will wait until their selection of apps increase....

At this rate, Android Market will beat out the App store in terms of apps..

However, what is better about the App store apps.....a better percentage of working and good apps. Android apps sometimes suffer because of the amount of different devices that use the Market......

For example I have an app that takes screen shots...but only works on rooted phones, according to the developer....However my Evo works with it without a root...

Rooting is basically jailbreaking your phone.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Honestly the Windows 7 phone seems to be the most innovative one of the bunch but yea still not a mature platform etc. I do love that it works with Zune and Xbox live two MS products that are fantastic.

And actually I am with Apple, flash does not make sense on ipad/iphone. But it is interesting times for sure.

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
until android matches theses games 9not counting emu or the upcoming playstation phone, I made the right choice for me (self confessed rpg fanatic):

chaos rings

1 and 2 (android should have both)

(pretty cool creating characters via the music on your phone)
heroes of sparta 1 and 2 (god of war clone. gameloft is the place for clones)

illusia (gamevil is my fave phone handheld game creator)

vay (not via emu)

shining force (not via emu)

secret of mana (not via emu, basically squarenix direct ports)

one of my faves, the upcoming final fantasy tactics

those are just a few games

there are some games that android has that i would like to try, spectral souls and soulcraft

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Those are awesome...

I'm not a gamer like that......and if I wanted to play some games...I'd just turn my xbox on. My phone is for communication purposes, only.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Those are awesome...

I'm not a gamer like that......and if I wanted to play some games...I'd just turn my xbox on. My phone is for communication purposes, only.

@Sucio Wish Ill had a thumbs up like facebook lol.

@7thAngel Word those games do look dope. Its not about android being able to those games its about when those game developers are able to make those games for android devices. Apple is notorious for exclusivity contracts lol.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Anybody know which is best on the Verizon network? (Android VS iPhone)
I was actually just debating the exact same thing this week ironically...
I hear that Verizon cripples a lot of the iphone features though as usual on that shitty network, but Im kinda stuck with them for a while so bouncing at this point is out of the question.