Introduction

timothree

Salute!
I've just discovered this page and the mail said I should introduce myself so here I am. I'm working as a software developer in Germany, and I've been making music in my free time for quite a few years now.
I'm a rapper, producer and trying to be more of a singer too. I can't actually play any instruments - though I'm trying to learn playing the keys at least a little bit. Until recently my productions had been heavily sample-based, but that had left me a little burnout, so I've been trying to work more with self-composed sounds in the last months, which has been a very rewarding journey up until now. If you're interested my Soundcloud is linked in my profile.
Ah, and for the time being I'm working with Ableton
I hope to stay around a little :)

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @timothree and don't say trying to be a singer, it's a lifestyle granted you don't smoke nor drink as it kills voice. How do you balance rapping/producing?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
How @timothree did you find your vocal teacher or as you said, trainer? Where I live they are scarce and it's depressing.

timothree

We have a small music school in my town that's kind of half-private, and not too expensive. She's great and I'm learning a lot there. Apart from that I'm mostly focusing on producing right now and singing a lot in the shower
But I'd like to get back into an actual routine of working on my voice. How is it for you?

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
For @timothree me I just sing, I'm highly cognizant that that alone will not and does not work and is not practical over time.

Battle Points: 153
german GIF

but,.Welcome to the ILL! ^^

Salute!
I've just discovered this page and the mail said I should introduce myself so here I am. I'm working as a software developer in Germany, and I've been making music in my free time for quite a few years now.
I'm a rapper, producer and trying to be more of a singer too. I can't actually play any instruments - though I'm trying to learn playing the keys at least a little bit. Until recently my productions had been heavily sample-based, but that had left me a little burnout, so I've been trying to work more with self-composed sounds in the last months, which has been a very rewarding journey up until now. If you're interested my Soundcloud is linked in my profile.
Welcome bro!
I am still farely new. I've only been here for a few months or so but I can assure you that you'll love it here. There is a lot you can learn from this community if you stick around!

what have you learned since you been here?
Really, it's the nook and cranny stuff. I don't have any real life producer friends to ask about very distinct problems that I may have, and youtube doesn't always have the answer.
For instance, there was the issue that I was having with bass levels. I'm pretty sure it was you that told me to check the harmonics. That actually helped a lot and my mixes have been better for it lately.
There was also an issue I was having with getting a certain stylistic effect on piano. Someone gave me a suggestion that helped. It took more than that bit of advice to pinpoint what I was trying to achieve but it definitely gave me a starting point.
Besides those examples I've searched old posts and found articles that have given me answers, or different perspectives on relative issues that I'm dealing with.
All in all this site has been a great tool for problem solving, but besides that I really enjoy conversing and exchanging information with people who are just as passionate about producing as myself. :D

nikwen

ILLIEN
Salute!
Welcome, my fellow German rapping software developer! :)

nikwen

ILLIEN
Really, it's the nook and cranny stuff. I don't have any real life producer friends to ask about very distinct problems that I may have, and youtube doesn't always have the answer.
For instance, there was the issue that I was having with bass levels. I'm pretty sure it was you that told me to check the harmonics. That actually helped a lot and my mixes have been better for it lately.
There was also an issue I was having with getting a certain stylistic effect on piano. Someone gave me a suggestion that helped. It took more than that bit of advice to pinpoint what I was trying to achieve but it definitely gave me a starting point.
Besides those examples I've searched old posts and found articles that have given me answers, or different perspectives on relative issues that I'm dealing with.
All in all this site has been a great tool for problem solving, but besides that I really enjoy conversing and exchanging information with people who are just as passionate about producing as myself. :D
That's beautiful to hear! I love how the forum brings people together.

members online