Intro

Marco62

Hi everybody, Marco here,,,,if you're in a hurry you can call me Mark. I'm here to read, learn and listen. I am definitely a beginner, but I'm anxious to learn. I take constructive criticism well, so long as it's not cruel. I hope to get to know some of you along the way!
Thanks!
Marco62

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Marco62 and @Delta_Nine beat me to my infamous question: what's your musical backstory?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Waving City Bus GIF by Connect Transit

Marco62

Welcome, Marco.
You came to the right place. Many diverse styles and tons of articles for you to learn from. Feel free to reach out to any of the members and they’ll be happy to help.
Btw, what’s your musical backstory.
Sorry for the delay in answering. My answer will show my age so I understand if you have to kick me out. I have played guitar and keyboards since I was in Elementary school (yes...we had color tv then....barely) I have always recorded with analog equipment, reel to reel tapes, cassettes, etc. I now have a digital 8 track Tascam that I'm sure is very out of date, but still works great. So fast forward.......my grandson is a rapper, or he tells me he's a rapper. To be honest, I really like Eminem, and that's about what I know. So my grandson is telling me about "beats". I thought it sounded easy enough, so I record myself doing some stuff and send it to him. He says it doesn't sound right. He says it sounds old. So I start reading and researching and I realize this is an actual art form that I know nothing about (by the way, Beats 101 was very, very informative). So, I came across this forum and thought maybe I could learn from you guys before once again making an idiot out of myself to my grandson. He's supposed to think I'm cool....but I'm not sure about that right now.
There you have it. If I'm in the wrong place please let me know. One thing that really stuck out from Beats 101 is that I need to be listening to a lot of Rap and Hip Hop. I would also appreciate it if you guys could give me suggestions on that as well, like where do I start?

members online