Intro to IllMuzik

I-Just

Battle Points: 4
Wassup y’all!! I go by “Just”. I’ve been making beats for about a year now after getting my first iPhone and discovering GarageBand. I use to rap but really enjoy this side of music more. I am open to any tips suggestions and information in general.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @I-Just and what’s your musical backstory? If you used to rap please don’t quit as the music/culture needs more mature perspectives.

I-Just

Battle Points: 4
Welcome @I-Just and what’s your musical backstory? If you used to rap please don’t quit as the music/culture needs more mature perspectives.
I made my first beat my first summer break in college back in 2010. I had a keyboard, a phone, and a PC with no internet. I would record on my phone a little loop I would play on the keyboard. Download it to the computer and play it out loud while playing another melody on the keyboard and record that. Then download again haha and over and over until the beat felt complete. My first year in college was in North Dakota with a couple of my high school friends. We had nothing to do so we just freestyles a lot a lot. I then moved to Ball State and instantly click with a few artist that I would freestyle with. I did a few events while in college but music practically ended once I graduated. 12 years later (2022) I got my first iPhone and started playing with GarageBand. I made about 260 beats since then. I have a couple collaborations with my former manager from Enterprise who actually quit to pursue music. He’s really talented. You can check him out on all platforms. Ty Luv the MC. One song we release is call “I Know”. I like to work with artist with a message, as when I rapped in the past I talked about changing the world. So I try to look for artist with that same vision.

members online