Industry talk

J-Beats

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
does anyone know exactly what rappers make off each sale of ther cd, I heard it was less than a dollar because I be wondering like, its alot of rappers that dont go gold or platinum but still seem to have alot of guap. o yeah sdo somebody know how much producers get if one of ther beats make the album. get @ me

Sanova

Guess Who's Back
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 9
Im certain that the rappers that don't even go gold dont have the money.. They rent the shit they floss, and other times companies temporarily give them stuff to wear in public as a sort of advertisement.

Yea i heard, typically, its a few cents (like 30 or somethin) for each unit moved. and I also heard that they don't make any real money till after they hit platinum.

also i believe that when they are sellin records, they dont actually get paid off it until their advance is covered.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Producers get way more dough than rappers do cuz they can approach things 2 ways...sellin a beat straight up for x amount of dollars like swiss wit his 100,000 dollar a beat deal or recoup royalties from each album sold..sometimes even both..

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Producers get way more dough than rappers do cuz they can approach things 2 ways...sellin a beat straight up for x amount of dollars like swiss wit his 100,000 dollar a beat deal or recoup royalties from each album sold..sometimes even both..

yea.. plus most rappers use instrumentals they find and get to the point that "im the shit" and then realize they could be the next whatever If They Only Owned the beat they blessed. So i definetley agree,, ahah funny thing is.. i would imagine most money is made from the hollow ego's from every unnnrapper that thinks he can sell to the casual hiphop listener.. even funnier i imagine this business is not about hiphop at all. I believe it's about the casual listener that makes up over 60% of the music market, im guessing that percentage but you know it's high.

don't live a pipe dream
fuck kayne
go to school

members online