independent or record deal

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

independent or record deal

• Total voters

jwalk

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i want to know how everyone feel about putting there own projects out would you want to get a record deal and put it out under a label with advertising and maybe a video or something or would you want to do it strait out the trunk independent?

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
indie all day baby, if you know how a major record deal works, or any record deal for that matter, you would stay indie.

ps...yeah...im still around

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
I'll tell you what, I would go indie if I had the money to make it successful, or if an indie wanted to pick me up and invest in my shit too I would go that way, but I don't care if I had to make beats behind the scene for good contracts and pay, I would probably do that too... it all depends... but for my own personal album would probably have to be indie. I don't want TOO much recognition cuz people get st00pid when they are groupies, but I would want to make some money too.

such a mixed bag...

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
look, I JUST LOVE THE FUCKN MUSIC. It's a muthafuccn pimp game when people LOVE your music. I've seen massive amount of people just LOVN my shit... I've seen peeps bouncin to my shit lately, head bobbn even old fuccn peoples which is wierd to see your homies old ass 55 yr old mother bouncin...

I could get a big fat head and go full on sellout, like any faggot in tha industry (omg, I'm sorry if you are like that, I have to cover my ass, no pun intended) just for the pride of lovn my shit with everyone in tha world too, but I don't wish to sell my soul to the man either. It's a mixed bag, like I said...
I guess it depends on the deal that was made for me, right now I'm broke as fucc and wish I had a deal to fall on for a year, but newayz

The world changes, but I'm sure this world will stay the way of monetary gain until the shit collapses. I need money,m but my making music is cuz I LOVE MUSIC, especially rap music, and havce sinvce I was a kid. If it came down to me makin beats for the next puss boy band, I'd say HELL NO, KILL ME FIRST, but I'll bend a bit to make my killa fo da skrilla

It still depends.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Depends on how lucrative the deal is and the consideration wether your music should be subjected to lucrative purposes. In my case, hiphop has no value for exploitation, at least not to what I personaly consider being hiphop, I'd only make dre beats if it pays cuz I dont really care for that crap. All other favored hiphop I'd do for the luv, if the cats performing on my beats/ productions make cash then I make cash too but that I wont depend on it for my monthly income. I'd rather rape and exploit house music hehe.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
As a producer i would go with tha Record Deal as an artist i would probaly go with an indie...i also agree with ominous about doing it urself cuz if that goes well u may end up owning a record label

def1nition

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'd go indie on my own album, the only way I'd go the self distribution route is if I was doin a lot of shows and the album didn't need a whole lot promotion, it's just too hard to focus on music and promote and sell your album. I think with a major label you'll always have to make sacrifices music wise I don't think I'd sighn a production deal but I'd do an album for an artist on a major label.

J-malice

PRODUCER ALMIGHTY!!
ill o.g.
pboy wuts da deal man. aint seen you in a minute. hows thing poppin in da A????

i say indie if you have the dediction and drive that it requires. and dependin on your ambitions. some ppl would rather settle for a deal. i say if you have a good hand and alot of options then there is no need for a deal.

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
Just to revisit this, I'm goin indie all the way, but It will be big as the bigger companies that rape people for profits.

I'm gettin paid for NOT selling out, and that's real.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
Independent Deal, Major Label Exposure/connections.

g@Vin c@$h

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Major deal as a producer. With my real name on nothing, and my face on nothing.
Ca$h Beat$ is all you would see, and some stupid artist sellin out, but i wouldn't, plus gimme that chedda baby.

K

kwantize

i would get a record deal or go indie both the best way 2 learn is 2 get fucked over in my book .it sucks but hey my point is .i would do both inde or major and if i ever got fucked over i would take the money i made and start my own shit from what i learnd from that . and it would be called . fiigi records . fuck it ill go independent.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
The fact is I dont have the money to get an indie label off the ground (or the connects at that). I already know that if I go to a major label Ima be crewed for like the first 3 album cycles but I figure with all the publicity one would gain from makin through those 3 album cycles one would be able to get into other things like acting.

members online