In House Production

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
Okay i met these guys in my city who have started their own label, and they are moving thousands of units on their own right now.(mixtapes) They asked me to be an in house producer for the label. Now they want some beats to use for some of the artists albums and some for their mixtape. Can anyone tell me how I should go about pricing those beats since Im in-house. Their no contracts to sign yet but I want to have an idea of what I should ask for.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
If you're "in-house" you are supposed to be guaranteed some steady salary. If they are buying the beats from you, and you can still sell your beats to other people without them OK'ing it. Then you're technically not even "in-house."

Ask them what "in house" means to them.

Sincerely,
God

1d3nt1tY

Loop't N Blown
ill o.g.
Plain and simple... if they are really moving thousands of copies, they've got some skrill for your pocket. do what you think is best but

<font color=ff0000><b>DON'T LET THEM HO YOUR TALENT BRO.</b></font>

B.Hawk

THE PRIVATE
ill o.g.
Yea my brother and I sat down with the owner of the label in my studio yesterday and we discussed some things, its like we are the guys they come to when they beats and need to record but we can still get out here and do music for others. And we came up with set prices for things but those prices will still vary from time to time. And we will own the masters so for right now everything is secure.

ChaseCashe

ill o.g.
If they are getting steady monetary flow...ask them for like $200 a week for doing inhouse...even if you not doing anything but recording...try as much as you can to get as much as you can =)

pirell

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
B.Hawk said:
Their no contracts to sign yet but I want to have an idea of what I should ask for.

cmon dawg, how cant you NOT sign a contract, you must do

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I say take their sales and capitolize. I would want credits on the back cover of the cd, and I would make it a condition that when they use one of my tracks, that they use some kind of audio trademark song that you developed so people know it's your tracks. Definatly do not stay completely behind the scene's, make yourself in demand, you'll get more work as a producer, which means more money in your pocket. I wouldn't charge them crazy loot for my production because they can provide other opportunities that you can't afford to lose, like what I just talked about, but make sure you get decent cheese to start off with, and the more you get demanded for, the higher the price son.
you got to have some personal contact info on that cd. later

members online