im moving to brooklyn

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I got a job offer from the Brooklyn academy of music (BAM) as an IT developer. It’s a dream job, I would have the opportunity to interact with some of the best musicians in the world as well as teach music part time. BAM is a world renowned performance/school venue with numerous acts throughout the theater season. Its also where they film MTV unplugged….

So yea, my country ass is moving to brooklyn.... How ironic..

class.....

Vince

2Cool2BeAHebrew
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Bucktown, USA. That's a cool place to live imo.

Make sure you listen to all the albums from Duckdown: Black moon(Buckshot n Evil Dee), Heltah Skeltah(Ruck aka. Sean Price and Rock), Smif N Wessun(Tek and Steele), OGC(Starang Wondah, Louieville and Top Dog).

Listen to all Big Daddy Kane albums, All the Biggie albums(not Duets)....man what more, Special Ed, Masta Ace, Jay-Z...all the awsome acts to come out of Brooklyn.

classic

ill o.g.
thanks for the props,

Ill check those dudes but dont get it twisted, i always have and always will be a southern dude.... I will never trade UGK or scarface for black moon lol......

thanks for the advice though...

Vince said:
Bucktown, USA. That's a cool place to live imo.

Make sure you listen to all the albums from Duckdown: Black moon(Buckshot n Evil Dee), Heltah Skeltah(Ruck aka. Sean Price and Rock), Smif N Wessun(Tek and Steele), OGC(Starang Wondah, Louieville and Top Dog).

Listen to all Big Daddy Kane albums, All the Biggie albums(not Duets)....man what more, Special Ed, Masta Ace, Jay-Z...all the awsome acts to come out of Brooklyn.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Congrats man!!! You making big moves, and I'm pretty sure your beats protfolio is already set...

Good luck

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Thats whats up....Are u stayin in Brooklyn? Hows rent over there if you are?....My guy is movin to NY to work at MSG and he was lookin for a neighborhood that didnt cost 6 G's to move in

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Damn Bro'! What you gonna do now? They don't fry turkeys in peanut oil in New York! LOL!
Good move Class; I hope that everything works out for you in the big apple.
ONE

classic

ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Damn Bro'! What you gonna do now? They don't fry turkeys in peanut oil in New York! LOL!
Good move Class; I hope that everything works out for you in the big apple.
ONE
i KNOW MAN, i man have to school some of these NY cats to how its really done....

J Rilla said:
Thats whats up....Are u stayin in Brooklyn? Hows rent over there if you are?....My guy is movin to NY to work at MSG and he was lookin for a neighborhood that didnt cost 6 G's to move in
Yea im staying in Brooklyn, most people don’t realize that Brooklyn is HUGE,(approx 2 times the size of DC)

So when you here of those expensive ass price ranges that’s usually in the fort Greene area or near down town Brooklyn which is close to Manhattan, a rule of thumb, the closer you are to Manhattan, the more expensive its gonna be.

There are MAD nice apts in Brooklyn for reasonable prices,
Just go here
http://newyork.craigslist.org/aap/
and you can search on all the appts in Brooklyn(or any city in the US) by price, location etc..

It aint hard to find a place at all....

BluPHI!!!

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
CONGRADS FRAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad to see you comming to my hometown.

Send me an email when you get here, I'll show you round town.

Peace

-Bluphi!!!

Lex

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Congratulations mate, that job sounds like an amazing opportunity. It's great to hear of someone getting where they want to be. I'm sure you'll get familiar with loads of people in the music business too.

I'd love to live in Brooklyn, good luck man, it all sounds great!

Keep us posted on how it all goes

T

The Bastard

thats ill class, dont forget to hit up the bronx and watch the yankees get schooled by the red sox in the sumemr time, oh yeah, living in new york YOU WILL be into baseball

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
It’s a dream job, I would have the opportunity to interact with some of the best musicians in the world as well as teach music part time.

Good shit.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Congrats Clasic! It's a perfect example of how hard work and dedication can get you anywhere in the world you want to be. nice work!! It will be interesting to hear from you in the next few years

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
classic said:
I got a job offer from the Brooklyn academy of music (BAM) as an IT developer. It’s a dream job, I would have the opportunity to interact with some of the best musicians in the world as well as teach music part time. BAM is a world renowned performance/school venue with numerous acts throughout the theater season. Its also where they film MTV unplugged….

So yea, my country ass is moving to brooklyn.... How ironic..

class.....
You should check out some shows by Brooklyn Academy hehehehehehe