Illmuzik hitting us all the way in Africa

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Wassup,my name is Mello (mellow). Illmuzik a very entertaining and informative site. My computer is not connected to the internet, I use my girls' one . So as long as her and I are cool, me and Illmuzik will be cool. I plan to post some of my beats up for feedback. but for now I would really like you guys to check out my Boy, Nyambz at Fro-pick.com. He is kind of like my mentor,along with Dj Hoppa, Guevara and Afrique.

Peace, and thankyou Fade for this priceless resource.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
AWWW DAMN, THATS GoOD CoMPANY, THANKS MAN.

RELEASE;SoON

C

Carpe Diem

Cool man, IllMuzik takin over the world!!! Lol!!!

Sup tho man?!? Nice to have ya!!! Enjoy!!!

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Damn classic I am very impressed. Most the American guys I know think that out here we live in huts and that every kid has a pet lion. Its great to know that some poeple aren't so inexcusably ignorant. I hope you can make it here in june, I know you'll dig it. ( Check out Cape town)

Peace, and thanx for the message.

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
I aint gonna lie, when i was coming up like most black americnans, I had a very slanted view of africa. I was one of the lucky people who had the abitity to meet some cool folks who invited me to share their culture. THats why i was in uganda.

Americans tend to view africa as all the same. In uganda alone there are over 60 tribes and 50 languages spoken. Uganda is roughtly the size of georiga. Can u imagine what the whole contient has to offer!!! Im wide open off africa now, im gonna see as much as a can.

class...

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I hear you. There was a time (long long long ago ) when I thought that America was like NWA music videos. Like, I thought that there was scattered ass, blunts and 40s everywhere. (lol)

You said that The African countries look up to us. Well The whole world looks up to America. I mean I know kids who speak in New york accents eventhough they have never left the country, its so wierd.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Welcome,
A pet lion would be cool though, if someone bothers you he will be lunch to your citty cat.
Are you familiar with gateway to africa, i believe that what it is called, a hiphopzine about africa.

classic

ill o.g.
mr mello said:
I hear you. There was a time (long long long ago ) when I thought that America was like NWA music videos. Like, I thought that there was scattered ass, blunts and 40s everywhere. (lol)

You said that The African countries look up to us. Well The whole world looks up to America. I mean I know kids who speak in New york accents eventhough they have never left the country, its so wierd.

I am begginging to notice that, every where i go american culture is emulated (europ,africa etc..). When i was in uganda it was crazy casue cats were tryin there hardist to try and sound american(or jamaician). Whats funny is alot of people in uganda dont have a context to the videos and music they hear. They hear the lateist 50 cent or young buck and think all black americans are like that.

And since black americans dont have the money to travel, nobody can challange that steriotype. I was the first black american most ugandans had seen in person. They treated me real well but i could tell they were in awe. Whats crazy is that i was in awe of them. They have such a rich culture and hertiage there. I couldent understand why they are tryin to emulate us.

Anyway as u can see i learned alot from my visit and am looking foward to learning more.

If u dont mind me asking are u a decendent of a tribe?? if so which one. Im curious about the local south african languages

clas.....

mr mello

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
classic said:
I am begginging to notice that, every where i go american culture is emulated (europ,africa etc..). When i was in uganda it was crazy casue cats were tryin there hardist to try and sound american(or jamaician). Whats funny is alot of people in uganda dont have a context to the videos and music they hear. They hear the lateist 50 cent or young buck and think all black americans are like that.

And since black americans dont have the money to travel, nobody can challange that steriotype. I was the first black american most ugandans had seen in person. They treated me real well but i could tell they were in awe. Whats crazy is that i was in awe of them. They have such a rich culture and hertiage there. I couldent understand why they are tryin to emulate us.

Anyway as u can see i learned alot from my visit and am looking foward to learning more.

If u dont mind me asking are u a decendent of a tribe?? if so which one. Im curious about the local south african languages

clas.....

I am a mix. Half Tswana, Half Xhosa. The Xhosa are the second largest nation, second only to the Zulu nation. Mandela is Xhosa. I speak Xhosa, mostly. Anyway , there are 11 official languages including english. Most black poeple are fluent in 4 or five languages and can understand most of the others. I can speak 4. Xhosa and Zulu are very similar.

I hope that awnsers your question.

On the subject of poeple being in awe of you. I knew these guys from ATL who went to highschool here. Those dudes had a huge female fan club. But then again , they did have game...

If you dont mind me asking , is there any black white friction where you stay? Oh.. can you vote? did you vote? did you vote for bush.
I know politics dont make good conversation , especially amongst artists, but I am interested.

Peace.

classic

ill o.g.
thanks for the info man, thats crazy that there is so many languages

Yes there is racisim where i live, Race is a large factor here in america. ITs impact depends on who u ask. I was born and raised in tampa florida which is the south and things were pretty bad there. Blacks are poor everywhere in this natition but the south is where poverty is worse.

Currently i live in baltimore maryland(going to gradschool) things are pretty much the same here but there is alot more oppertunitiy here becasue its the north and their are more jobs and industry.

Its funny, casue im so used to dealing with race that i dont think i would know how to act if racisim dident exist, Im a product of my own enviroment.

As far as voteing, i did vote and it sucks that bush won. I bet my ballot wasent even counted the way things go down in FLorida. Ohh well thats the nature of the beast.

Its crazy casue when i was in africa i could see where black americans get alot of there soul from. You could see it in the people. Though my folks (and all my ancestors)were born and raised in the US, i could still see that cultural connection in food,music and attuite.

IF u got anymore questions hit me up on AOL at fsugomab or MSN(jqm9995@garnet.acns.fsu.edu)

class.....

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
mr mello said:

Welcome Mello...

Hope you get alot out of this site. I know I did...

When you say the whole world looks up to america... it kind of makes me feel like a disappointment. That's like having your younger brother looking up to you while you're shooting up heroin and sniffing cocaine off a hooker's ass.

I wish we had reason for the world to look up to us, besides a fictitious Brooklyn accent...
I'd love to visit your country. you ought to post up some pictures if you have any.

-D

SupaStar

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Welcome Mr Mello, the names Krzy hailing from Jamaica- bet you familiar with the rastafarians, always obsessed about going home to africa to live and Bob Marley. I should be visiting their soon, my girl goes to Africa every year, now that I am with her I know i'll have to go someday soon, but I am not too sure about that one day on the plane thing. I cant even stand the few hours fly home. But its nice to see you represent a real perspective of the brilliance of Africans and their culture, hope you'll have more time to share more info....