IllMC

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Why is there no Ill MC? I've just been wondering this since I got here. There's an illmuzik mostly for producers, but why no IllMC? I mean I know MCing is kind of something you develop on your own. But I mean like why no IllMC that talks about riding a beat, MC tips for writing, etc. Yes, I know it's all your own style, but so is production. Just a thought

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
If everyone took the time to read the very front page of IllMuzik...
< www.illmuzik.com under the coming soon section.....
THERE IS AN ILLEMCEE SECTION COMING SOON... WE'RE WAY AHEAD OF YOU.....

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah that addition should be tight. I think a lot of projects will jump off because of that. You'll have producers able to scout emcee's they want to work with and vice versa.

Wattz21XX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

I agree with shadeed. the producer exclusive community is what makes IllMuzik what it is. IllEmcee might be hot as a standalone site but I don't think puttin it in wit these forums would help much. then u bring forth the bunch of internet rappers that only want free beats when only a few deserve it. and then ur also gonna have a bunch of keystyle battles n whatnot. I never understood that stuff cause u can't judge a rapper only on their lyrics delivery and presence are important too. blah I'm babbling.
IllEmcee ehhhh....

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i've been writting rhymes six years or more than before i began to explore in snares an kicks. An as much as i'd like another lyricist forum i'd dislike much more to lose the integrity of this site. Rappers are generally egotistical and tend to ruin forums. I'm talkin about risking attracting 30+more brand new mc's who are young and dumb. Although, I trust in Fade, Wings an them to close the forum if it got out of hand so i'm up for whatever! peace yall

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I've been dragging my ass trying to get it down for the last few months because of so many other things I've been trying to do. It will be done soon hopefully, but it's NOT going to be a totally separate site like IllMuzik Radio, Beat This!, Battle That!. It's going to be a section as part of IllMuzik, more like a resource for MC's.

Also, it's for members of Ill. So basically, you have to be a member here and it's more like a resource for the producers/MC's on here, because there's quite a few producers on here that also MC. So that's the target audience I'm looking at. In no way will there be an MC battle forum or any bullshit like that.

Bottom line, look at like this:

For producers we have the Technical pages, Downloads, etc. For MC's we'll have something along the same lines.

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
dope, couldn't ask for any more than that

net battle raps are for chumps anyway

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Fade thats so on point I think i'm bleeding. As a writer/mc I definetly would like resources and a forum dedicated to the art of delivery and recording. And the idea of no competition in the section is essential. We can take what we'll learn over the next few years to get dope and i bet we can get the tracks in a major distribution deal like bestbuy or some online shops. If necro did it we could too.. i'm thinkin in a few years.. although there are producers here now that are nearly/on (to) that level.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
No, no Jmaafia that's not what I'm saying. There won't be any forum sections for MC's. I'm talking about a section on the main part of the site. This has nothing to do with the forums. If it does well, then MAYBE we can expand to have forum sections for it. Until then, baby steps! :)

members online