ILLIENZ UNITED

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
I was laying in the bathtub, i still do tbh, and thinking.. Why cant we have something like beat battle events, but the goal is not to compete with eachother instead we make something together on a regular basis and post it on YT or where ever.

I think this could boost ILLs rep as a nice side effect.

Im down with this.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I was laying in the bathtub, i still do tbh, and thinking.. Why cant we have something like beat battle events, but the goal is not to compete with eachother instead we make something together on a regular basis and post it on YT or where ever.

Im down with this.
Ok first of all, thanks for the nightmarish bathtub images I have in my head now.

Second, that's a great idea but how would it be done? Do you mean like a showcase or more like a battle?

It's kind of like the ILL Compilations we've had over the years I guess, but if we do it strictly for Youtube then I'm just trying to think of how we would go about this.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Ok first of all, thanks for the nightmarish bathtub images I have in my head now.

Second, that's a great idea but how would it be done? Do you mean like a showcase or more like a battle?

It's kind of like the ILL Compilations we've had over the years I guess, but if we do it strictly for Youtube then I'm just trying to think of how we would go about this.
I thought like ppl send in stuff like drum loops or bass lines and and we as a community vote or maybe just discuss which are the best parts and we kinda TRY to create something dope that kinda satisfies all of us to a certain degree.

Like one beat is the work of many of us. And this stuff we pack into an album and drop that shit everywhere the ILL is represented on.

ILLMUZIK ALBUM, lezz goo.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
So more like an album? YT would be great to show everyone doing each part, but that would require everyone to record themselves.

nikwen

ILLIEN
I like the idea! I recently learned about a group of rappers that had formed in r/makinghiphop's weekly competition threads who also decided to do collabs together.

When they make a song, one of them makes a beat, everybody raps on it, one is responsible for mixing it, they release it on a joint account to Spotify, Apple Music, etc. through Distrokid.

Something like this could also be possible for beats. I'll see if I can get someone from the group to hop on here to share more insights.

Also CC @OGBama who might be interested in the great stuff happening on her subreddit. :)

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I like the idea! I recently learned about a group of rappers that had formed in r/makinghiphop's weekly competition threads who also decided to do collabs together.

When they make a song, one of them makes a beat, everybody raps on it, one is responsible for mixing it, they release it on a joint account to Spotify, Apple Music, etc. through Distrokid.

Something like this could also be possible for beats. I'll see if I can get someone from the group to hop on here to share more insights.

Also CC @OGBama who might be interested in the great stuff happening on her subreddit. :)

Thats exactly what im talking about. This needs to become real on the ILL. :D

Hell, im even trying to step up my spoken english game to rap in english. Just to be able to contribute to this scene.

Fk im hyped.

Edit: Track is dope, yo. Propz to those dudes.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
It would be great if the community were to do this rather than waiting on me to handle stuff like this instead. This way you guys can take charge and do the project you want to do. So by all means go for it. I'd like to see how this pans out.

Sorry if you got this wrong. I wasnt hoping on you to handle shit. By posting this i just wanted to see if theres interest in the idea.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sorry if you got this wrong. I wasnt hoping on you to handle shit. By posting this i just wanted to see if theres interest in the idea.
Oh not at all, I'm just saying it's great to see you guys come up with a project on your own. Sometimes it feels like everyone's waiting for me or something lol. But yeah this would be a cool project, then you can hand it off to me so I can claim it as my own. Like Puffy/Diddy.

STEW.

Hey all! I'm new here (@OGBama sent me) since they heard you were talking about creating a collaborative project. I run The Neverending Mixtape, which is an album series created by 150+ strangers over Discord. We started our server in May and we currently have one album, one EP, and 4 more projects that are on the way. I won't link our stuff because I don't want to self promo, but I would love to give my input on anything you guys are getting started on here! This seems like an interesting community and I'm glad I found you guys

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @STEW. and I wanted you to join 'cause I love the ILL

Battle Points: 153
Hey all! I'm new here (@OGBama sent me) since they heard you were talking about creating a collaborative project. I run The Neverending Mixtape, which is an album series created by 150+ strangers over Discord. We started our server in May and we currently have one album, one EP, and 4 more projects that are on the way. I won't link our stuff because I don't want to self promo, but I would love to give my input on anything you guys are getting started on here! This seems like an interesting community and I'm glad I found you guys

Dope stuff, whats the goal with the mixtape?

Cool man shoot me some info in DM. (y)
me too, sounds cool.

Welcome to ill. Check out the beat this, battle that and warzone battles to hear some of the best we have to offer. Also check out the showcase section, where as well as listening to others you can post some of your own. The sample flip forum can be pretty interesting too as well as some of the other battles.

Im down with this.
Back in the days of myspace we did a lot of battles where a producer would work with a rapper against another producer and rapper.
I won every one I entered. Fucking loved those days.

Just dug this up from 2009, this is the sort of thing we were coming up with...
Nothing here yet.

Last edited:

members online