!ILL SHELTER TALK!

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
This is the thread to talk about battles happening in the ILL SHELTER, give feedback(battle related) or just talk some shit or whatever.

Enjoy!​

nikwen

ILLIEN
@nikwen Are we gonna hear your spit skills too? =D
Haha. So far, I've exclusively freestyled or rapped to the instrumentals of my favorite songs.
I usually rap in the evenings to relax my mind and writing is the opposite of that.
That said, I actually sat down and wrote my first verse two weeks ago. Let's see where this takes me …

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Haha. So far, I've exclusively freestyled or rapped to the instrumentals of my favorite songs.
I usually rap in the evenings to relax my mind and writing is the opposite of that.
That said, I actually sat down and wrote my first verse two weeks ago. Let's see where this takes me …

Just gotta let it out, mayne. :D
I never rapped in english before i started like a week or two ago. But dont force it, if you feel it, kick it. And errytime you kick it, record it, even if you ll never use it but that way you get used to rap while knowing you get recorded. Helps me to establish that "routine feel". :brofist:

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
I actually sat down and wrote my first verse two weeks ago. Let's see where this takes me …

This @nikwen is how it starts, now that the seed is planted it's on you to consciously water it. Trust the process and always write.

Last edited:

nikwen

ILLIEN
always write.
I'm writing so much code these days that I barely have time for anything else. :D

But I like freestyling because it allows me to create something with imperfections that doesn't trigger any perfectionist instincts.

Just gotta let it out, mayne. :D
I never rapped in english before i started like a week or two ago. But dont force it, if you feel it, kick it. And errytime you kick it, record it, even if you ll never use it but that way you get used to rap while knowing you get recorded. Helps me to establish that "routine feel". :brofist:
Thanks!

For recording I only have my phone right now. I'm quite used to recording myself on that, although the quality is really shitty.

Looked into buying some gear a week or two ago but stopped looking after a friend told me that besides a mic I'd have to buy a stand, an audio interface, and a pop filter. There goes the simplicity.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
I'm writing so much code these days that I barely have time for anything else. :D

But I like freestyling because it allows me to create something with imperfections that doesn't trigger any perfectionist instincts.

Thanks!

For recording I only have my phone right now. I'm quite used to recording myself on that, although the quality is really shitty.

Looked into buying some gear a week or two ago but stopped looking after a friend told me that besides a mic I'd have to buy a stand, an audio interface, and a pop filter. There goes the simplicity.
I get you, i have the same problem with the equipment. Expensive hobby to make music.

But a stand is crafted real quick from a broomstick and if your girl doesnt mind having a pair of nylons less you have a popfilter. All you NEED to buy is a mic (shure sm58 *cough*) and interface. :D

nikwen

ILLIEN
I get you, i have the same problem with the equipment. Expensive hobby to make music.

But a stand is crafted real quick from a broomstick and if your girl doesnt mind having a pair of nylons less you have a popfilter. All you NEED to buy is a mic (shure sm58 *cough*) and interface. :D
Thank you, @Stona Persona! I appreciate the advice. :)

members online