If you could fix the fruit.....

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
So, FL Studio is a pretty dope all-around program, but I'm sure we would all implement/fix something about it if given the chance, let's hear it!

I wish there was an auto-quantize feature that you could set to quantize your notes on input, like Cubase has, that, I feel is the biggest downfall of the fruit.

I also wish that it could use the midi-outs to route to mixer tracks. I hate how I will have to open up multiple instances of say SampleTank because fruity can't route the midi-outs to different mixer tracks.

Let's hear your beef with the fruit!

O

open mind

from what i know it has AUTO QUANTIZE function.and technicaly its not possible to add a midi channel to a mixer track because u cant add fx to MIDI DATA midi data is no audio signal.same is with the other sequencers like cubase u cant put fx to MIDI data.i didnt know it too.but thanks illmuzik forum now i know.

1.the interface colors are NIGHTMARE and kill workflow i would prefer a neutral brighter interface.like in cubase,sonar,reason.

2.the audio quality needs a LOT OF WORK (eq,compressor,filters,plugins.etc.)to make it sound good and even then iam not happy with the audio signal it has.

overall iam really thinkin in changing software if the next release FL STUDIO 7 dont fix this 2 problems i have with.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
open mind said:
from what i know it has AUTO QUANTIZE function.and technicaly its not possible to add a midi channel to a mixer track because u cant add fx to MIDI DATA midi data is no audio signal.same is with the other sequencers like cubase u cant put fx to MIDI data.i didnt know it too.but thanks illmuzik forum now i know.

i am 99% sure it doesn't have a feature that quantizes automatically as soon as you input, such as cubase, and what i mean by the midi out is how like in cubase if you have sampletank loaded up, it has 16 outs and they can each be individually mixed on different tracks of cubase's mixer

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
I dont really think the step sequencing feature with fl is a big miss since it only does it on fixed note lengths and not by expression, like you're to lazy to use the mouse in order to program the exact same simpel sequence ( its not like you're writing a solo by step entry or trying to gain a bit of human groove ).

Interface colors ? How relevant is that ? The gui itself is excellent, get the shortkeys under the thumb and your complaint is out the window.

And regards the eq and other dynamics processing, it really does what it should do so if you're not satisfied you should really get back into getting your mixes right along with eq and compression techniques.

Both of you have beef in your head and I do understand the akward midi implementiation of fl but have you also considered the fact that FL is rewire host and/or also runns as a standalone vst (multi). That means you can slave SX to FL since SX would handle Sampletank better or vice versa.

MdL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yes fl does have an auto quantize feature. Go to the "snap" drop down menu at the top and change it to anything other than "line" or "cell". If you want standard 16th note quantization, change it to "step"

O

open mind

Formant024 said:
hey means step sequencing from midi input, not the regular quantize function, its not even quantizing.
wtf? iam confused whats the diffrence about what u said:headscrat.quantize is quanztize.

trebeatz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DAMN! i don't know why i never did that, i just always have it set to snap to cell, it's nice now that i know i can quantize my input data, its not really as good as cubase's quantize but it's still dope, and formant, he was right, i was mixed up, and are you talking about recording to the step sequencer? because that is possible u just have to change an option that records to step sequencer instead of piano roll, if you didnt already know that.

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
if you record the midi data by playing the keys.. FL wont "quantize" that. If you select the quantize option, you can "click" around everything will be quantized.

As far as the sampletank thing, i hate that too!! I cant run multiple sampletanks cuz it bogs things down for me, so i'll have all the tracks there but use sampletanks effects as best i can. Then when I export track by track, I disable all tracks but the one i want to record and do ti one by one for all the sampletank tracks I use.

Makes me wanna just sample some strings instead of goin through that hassle. Ahh.

I use sonar and waves plug-ins in FL. Noticed a bit of a difference in quality, but I find the biggest improvement is your source of samples. That coupled with quality effects and good programming is a great start.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
SX has a step ( indicated by a foot icon ) input kinda like the mpc has next step feature in de editor. It means when you set quantize to 1/4th and place the cursor at start then each note played on input will be written to score but automaticaly moves to the cursor to the next 1/4th awaiting you're next keypress. It does quantize but its not quantizing like in normal quantize operations where you tidy up your your input data, step entry just records note by note from input with fixed length. great for house or your own arpeggio.

Iszazial

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
honestly if flstudio could do anything i would have to say FIX THE DAMN FRUITY WRAPPER!
I swear that thing hates sample tank!!! cant ever remember setting from saved flp files enless i restart the program!

but if i could add some stuff it would be... add INS settings in the sample proporties for sampling out of the playlist.
also in the playlist when you edit a sample by time streching... make another feature that allows you to shorten or make the sample longer with out messing with its time frame like in protools.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
trebeatz said:
so are u sayin that FL's input quauntizing is just like a live action step edit?

basically, except it aint live, its note for note entry and not simultanious unless its a chord.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
i would like to be able to automate reversing a sample, that would be fuckin ill!

DigitalTechnic

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
RigorMortis said:
i would like to be able to automate reversing a sample, that would be fuckin ill!

Such is not good to automate because depending on the length of the sample, the reversing process isn't quick enough.

Nuff B

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
all i want is to be able to midi in a keyboard rack tha motif or phantom and use those sounds that would be crazy and i would be in love with fl and i would never cheat on it