Ideas on how to get strated building a track other then hip hop

T

TheMost

So i want to start making other kinda music then hip hop.

If im making techno whatt are good ways to start, wich instrument

Same with like Ambitent stuff i know pads is probably a good start, any advice?

T

TheMost

I would start with another site..lol

lol hey man this is hip hop site true but its good to be versatile, i lve music so im interested in everything and when its time to get contracts its good to know different style

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
If your're just trying to get hip hop money you're probably selling yourself short. Never put all your eggs in one basket! You can be true to a form and experiment at the sametime. You may find out that hip hop beats are not what you're good at and get money in other styles. THE OBJECT IS TO GET MONEY RIGHT!
Get Rebirth by Propellerhead if you want to do techno beats man...u can't go wrong. Most techno dudes live by and die by Rebirth. Malstrom in Reason is perfect for the crazy sounds that they use in Techno. I don't do techno myself...but I did purchase Rebirth before I got turned onto Reason. Get some sample CD's that are geared toward what ever genre you're looking to venture into for ideas & format. Good sample CD's have entire kits so you can see what instuments are used in that style of music. You can't go wrong with Reason 3.0 for what ever type of music you choose!!!! Be easy!

O

open mind

So i want to start making other kinda music then hip hop.

If im making techno whatt are good ways to start, wich instrument

Same with like Ambitent stuff i know pads is probably a good start, any advice?

listen to some of your fav. techno/ambient joints and check how they build up what sounds was used and so on.then slowly u will incoparate that shit into your own muzik and with time your own style will grow.being musicaly open minded every genre that u try to create will profit from each other and vice versa.

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
I don't think there is a specific recipe to music making... Do your own thing. I like to start with the drums, to have a good solid base to work on Sometimes, I start with the lead, sometimes with the bass line... it all depends on what you wanna achieve, or where your inspiration is coming from...

breal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Instead of kicks on the 1 and 3's put them on 1,2,3,4
The first beat of every bar.
Bass on the off beat.
Use a 909 and a 303

members online