I wuz watching Beef 2 (KRS Vs. Nelly)

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
to many people releate success with making money.

Jermaine Dupri has made a lot of money making shitty music.

Needless to say he b!tches that he doesn't get respect.

I think it's bullshit that kats will complain that the music industry is flooded with superficial dung than turn around and respect or defend the muthaphukka flinging around the most shit.

I'll never knock a guy for making money in a way that don't hurt nobody.....but I'm not going to front and say the guys music is dope just because he sold some records.

I don't hate JD, i hate his music. There's a difference some people can't distinguish.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
Damn. I hate JD too. I wonder if people like him know that there are alot of people that dont like him.

This thread got waaaaaaaaay off topic. but as it relates, people dont look at the full spectrum. Always quick to jump on the bandwagon with the person that's selling the most. what the deal. It's as if people are settling now more than ever. They settle for JD cause he gets his artists played more and they dont accept others who breathe this shit like JD and dont get any spins.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
ManDAmyth said:
That Nelly vs. Krs-One beef almost made me vomit. Mainstream "rap" is pop music. Almost everything on the radio and television is pop music charading as "Hip Hop".

The fact that KRS-One can't get a record played on the radio is a f!cking shame. Hip Hop has become cradled by the hands of corporate america. We as the people need to take it back.

When KRS sells more records then Nelly. His track will get more spins than Nelly. But if that happens will KRS be pop? Where is the line in the sand? We will never overthrow the mainstream music scene. It's geared to young teens etc. They will always possess more buying power than we do.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
cleverwon said:
Nah man, this site was the shit a few years ago. But now niggas get mad if you criticize their idol. Fucking dick pullers. Ha.

Well....

Hmmm......

I dunno about you guys, but I haven't seen this kind of "keepin' it real" since the golden days of Ol' Dirty Bastard (Rest in Peace).

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
LOL.. Both suck to me.. And this "beef" type stuff is so played out. Yea i kno about KRS and all that.. But after a while you get tired of hearing grown ass men argue back and forth all day...

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
J Cro said:
When KRS sells more records then Nelly. His track will get more spins than Nelly. But if that happens will KRS be pop? Where is the line in the sand? We will never overthrow the mainstream music scene. It's geared to young teens etc. They will always possess more buying power than we do.

Record sales has nothing to do with determining if your pop music. NWA sold a lot of records and there were the furthest thing from pop.

Pop music= superficial bullshit

KRS will never come like that.

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
cleverwon said:
Nah man, this site was the shit a few years ago. But now niggas get mad if you criticize their idol. Fucking dick pullers. Ha.

I dont like dupri either. But man dog, your a hater. Just because you think this site was so cool years ago. Hip hop evolves and changes and goes through fads. Have you sold any beats lately?? its cool to try and be all "hip hop" all the time, but step back and make some creative shit to change the face of hip hop and beat dupri out of his money. People need to step their production game up and stop hatin on everyone thats gettin paid.
This site is full of old haters who cant turn off their fuckin gangstarr records (no offense to gangstarr, love the old shit)

Peace, and quit hatin, all y'all

Cincinnatti, Oh.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
Elementree said:
I dont like dupri either. But man dog, your a hater. Just because you think this site was so cool years ago. Hip hop evolves and changes and goes through fads. Have you sold any beats lately?? its cool to try and be all "hip hop" all the time, but step back and make some creative shit to change the face of hip hop and beat dupri out of his money. People need to step their production game up and stop hatin on everyone thats gettin paid.
This site is full of old haters who cant turn off their fuckin gangstarr records (no offense to gangstarr, love the old shit)

Cincinnatti, Oh.

To me....this site is full of young cats who can't pull the wool over their eyes. Nelly, JD, etc...etc....these are names that do not represent hip hop culture, they represent the pop culture that people have dubbed "hip hop". Don't tell me to stop hatin'! I can do that cause it's my right...and it's your right to disagree...I respect that. And by the same token you better show some respect to those who made it possible to have discussions like this such as Gangstar and KRS and so on and so forth. And "IN MY OPINION" it's artists like Nelly and JD and D4L (or whateva the fuck) that are ruining what they spent their lives building up. And when I signed up, I thought this website was dedicated to keeping hip hop alive in it's truest form. So excuse those of us who "HATE" on artists and producers who continue to hold US (REAL HIP HOP HEADS) down. I don't hate on those who get money....I hate on those who get money at the expense of OUR CULTURE.

EASY

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Elementree said:

Cincinnatti, Oh.

Co-sign, just pay the damn bill, ON TIME DAMNIT...don't be fuckin up my credit report....and yes i like JD...he makes good r&b music...yall cant get no pussy listening to hip-hop...let jd make them damn love songs...by the way, i don't consider da brat a crossover artist at all...chic rhymes hard as fuck...nobody bought the second cd though...these cats aint holdin us down...get ya hustle on, I'll say it again, Through the Wire was real as fuck... Kanye figured out a way to make people listen...Yall gonna step up to the challenge, or just sit around blamin everyone else?

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
bluchippa5 said:
Co-sign, just pay the damn bill, ON TIME DAMNIT...don't be fuckin up my credit report....and yes i like JD...he makes good r&b music...yall cant get no pussy listening to hip-hop...let jd make them damn love songs...by the way, i don't consider da brat a crossover artist at all...chic rhymes hard as fuck...nobody bought the second cd though...these cats aint holdin us down...get ya hustle on, I'll say it again, Through the Wire was real as fuck... Kanye figured out a way to make people listen...Yall gonna step up to the challenge, or just sit around blamin everyone else?

Kanye's very talented...and he's doing his own thing. I do not put him in the same group as JD-that's #1. #2 is that mentality of get money no matter what??? That shit'll have you producing for Keven Federline nigga. I don't blame nobody for shit cause my comments had nothing to do w/ money. My comments had to do w/ hip hop culture...and the basics-beats and rhymes...but that's typical...for ya'll simple minded niggas it's always about the money. Fuck my credit report...my word and my balls is all I need...you can have the money for that....
PS- I don't need to listen to R&B to get pussy...I could get laid listening to metal nigga
lol

bluchippa5

Golden Ear
ill o.g.
Benny BuKu said:
Kanye's very talented...and he's doing his own thing. I do not put him in the same group as JD-that's #1. #2 is that mentality of get money no matter what??? That shit'll have you producing for Keven Federline nigga. I don't blame nobody for shit cause my comments had nothing to do w/ money. My comments had to do w/ hip hop culture...and the basics-beats and rhymes...but that's typical...for ya'll simple minded niggas it's always about the money. Fuck my credit report...my word and my balls is all I need...you can have the money for that....
PS- I don't need to listen to R&B to get pussy...I could get laid listening to metal nigga
lol

i quit... sometimes issues like this are better discussed in person...i didn't say anything about money either...but damnit give me the money...just not at the expense of my intergrity... there is a way to do both...by the way B.B. i see where u got it confused...thats what i get for co-signin someone elses bill...

---anything BUT simple-minded
holla back

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
yo, point is,,(gettin back to the topic,,,and what was said)

Nelly is one of the cats that like Buku stated, gettin dough and abusin the Culture,,,OUR culture. KRS simply stated that. Could have the battle been a misunderstandin? Maybe, but Nelly got slayed,,,YET, Commercially, Nelly won this Battle. See how fucked up Corporate (WHITE) America is. There is not one person on this site that can say, Nelly beat KRS in the "Hip Hop Sense", tho, Nelly took KRS out in the "Corporate Sense". That now took us a lil sidetracked off the original topic...But still it all comes back to Jermain Depree,,,,kind of,,,,stay wit me,,,,,Jermain Depree is a great producer, contributed alot to Music,,,not Hip Hop,,,just music. Don't fuckin even mention Kriss Kross(Ash,,lol) because that was a fuckin marketing scheme. Michael Bivins exploited a kid group, ABC, so Dupree got Kriss Kross together,,,,it's all about the dough,,,,which leads me too my drawn out point......Cats like me, Fury, Buku, Clev will so called,"Hate" on these cats because they are destroyin Hip Hop in the mainstream,,,we went from De La Soul, EPMD, The Roots as mainstream Hip Hop to Laffy Taffy, Windowshopper, and In my White Tee??????? Yeah, Imma hate on these cats, These mufuccas make it harder for me, you, and everybody else to jump in the industry because they make music that the corporate White man(who probably has "slave owner" in his blood) tells them to make!!! So yeah, I'm gonna hate on that. God forbid, now the south is mad big,,,how come I don't see OUTKAST or the Dungeon Fam on MTV,,,or on the radio? Same difference,,,good Hip Hop is slowly dyin and goin to the underground.

and that my friends is how Nelly beat KRS,,,Goodnight and Fuck your Mother

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
yo, point is,,(gettin back to the topic,,,and what was said)

Nelly is one of the cats that like Buku stated, gettin dough and abusin the Culture,,,OUR culture. KRS simply stated that. Could have the battle been a misunderstandin? Maybe, but Nelly got slayed,,,YET, Commercially, Nelly won this Battle. See how fucked up Corporate (WHITE) America is. There is not one person on this site that can say, Nelly beat KRS in the "Hip Hop Sense", tho, Nelly took KRS out in the "Corporate Sense". That now took us a lil sidetracked off the original topic...But still it all comes back to Jermain Depree,,,,kind of,,,,stay wit me,,,,,Jermain Depree is a great producer, contributed alot to Music,,,not Hip Hop,,,just music. Don't fuckin even mention Kriss Kross(Ash,,lol) because that was a fuckin marketing scheme. Michael Bivins exploited a kid group, ABC, so Dupree got Kriss Kross together,,,,it's all about the dough,,,,which leads me too my drawn out point......Cats like me, Fury, Buku, Clev will so called,"Hate" on these cats because they are destroyin Hip Hop in the mainstream,,,we went from De La Soul, EPMD, The Roots as mainstream Hip Hop to Laffy Taffy, Windowshopper, and In my White Tee??????? Yeah, Imma hate on these cats, These mufuccas make it harder for me, you, and everybody else to jump in the industry because they make music that the corporate White man(who probably has "slave owner" in his blood) tells them to make!!! So yeah, I'm gonna hate on that. God forbid, now the south is mad big,,,how come I don't see OUTKAST or the Dungeon Fam on MTV,,,or on the radio? Same difference,,,good Hip Hop is slowly dyin and goin to the underground.

and that my friends is how Nelly beat KRS,,,Goodnight and Fuck your Mother
CO SIGN ON THAT....HONESTLY UNDERGROUND IS THE WAY TO GO FOR ME NOW..SPEAKING OF UNDERGROUND ANYBODY FROM THE TRI-STATE GOIN TO NYC TO SEE JEDI MIND TRICKS AND NON PHIXION PERFORM ITS GONNA BE OFF THE HOOK!!!

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
bluchippa5 said:
i quit... sometimes issues like this are better discussed in person...i didn't say anything about money either...but damnit give me the money...just not at the expense of my intergrity... there is a way to do both...by the way B.B. i see where u got it confused...thats what i get for co-signin someone elses bill...

---anything BUT simple-minded
holla back

true dat....it's difficult to truly understand what people are saying when you can't hear the tone in their voice or see the look in their eyes. No disrespect to you personally...I was speaking in general about the way the up and coming generation bows down to the dollar.
It's frustrating to hear what they put on the radio and see what they put on TV...giving undeserving cats the platform to make money when truly talented cats are left out in the cold...

And Stress......good point about Outkast and the Dungeoun Fam