I Just Heard The Common Sold 250,000

O-H-TEN

aka Tha' NVZABLE DRAGON
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hell Yeah!!! I hope that ish goes triple platinum!! Maybe it will help bring about a change in this stagnant state that Hip Hop is in. Maybe those rappers that want to say something besides the same old blah,blah,blah will now get a chance to step up to the mic. As long as the industry thinks that it can make money off of them it could work! SELL Common SELL!!!!! If you don't have it go out and buy it! It's dope!
ONE

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I give it 4 out of 5 stars. It is a very good album, but not a five. The main reason for the four instead of five is the shortness of it. It's cool when there aren't a lot of fillers, but I think he could have kicked out another 2 or 3 tight songs no problem. Albums with only 11 songs, short songs at that, seem to get played out quicker for me. Another minor weakness is the fact that he took the Chappell show version of The Food, which is a dope song, but the live version really just sounds like listening to it out of a cheap radio, he could have used the Chappell intro and just stuck with the studio version. But the flow and content get an A, and the beats get a B+. It is definitely worth copping. I have not been a Common fan, but his verse on Get Em High alone got me, so I had to peep some more of his shit, and I'm not disappointed.

2_nice

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
common = classic material

it seems that altho he is often involved in industry stuff they don't like him maybe the ice cube battle

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man the industry is on commons dick right now....... the ice cube shit was squashed damn near 10 years ago.,...

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Qwerty said:
BULLLSHIT : I told you, here' s the numbers:

COMMON GEFFEN 188,757 -- BE

yeah bitches

tha edit:
i'm perbed and on the street responding to shit i havn't heard [inthisthread]. beyond descrete i'm desolved into this concrete. from the camo24xxXxx

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Qwerty said:
BULLLSHIT : I told you, here' s the numbers:

COMMON GEFFEN 188,757 -- BE

ummm ok so somebody heard wrong...

still thats a solid first week showing for this type of album...... why do i get the feeling that you were happy to see the numbers come in below estimation?

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cold Truth said:

still thats a solid first week showing for this type of album...... why do i get the feeling that you were happy to see the numbers come in below estimation?

who cares what he sold,,,if its a solid album, then fuck the numbers. But, i hope he does go Platinum,,,this will be good for the industry and the culture on a whole. See, its a first step towards somethin positive for a change,,,i'm lovin it.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
i'm chrono t.r.i.g.
drunk and shit but if common is balanced and pulls his talent off with the correct geometery then it would be a step forward. hopefully if it's correct.

--yes yes ya!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i wasnt concerned abuot the numbers- the guy was acting all happy cause common undersold what was expected..... i asked why he seemed so happy... nobody said the numbers were important.

but....actually...... the numbers are very important.

a man makes a quality, widely considered landmark album like this, its nice to see him rewarded for it... isnt it? wouldnt you like to be rewarded with a good showing of support from your fans who by and large loved your album so much the took the bootleg for free?

also, the numbers are important for the simple fact that the industry is all abuot trends- trends that make money, to be specific- and if the album does well by the numbers and hits plat within a few months, then that could trigger an industry wide shift in thinking. that is of importance if we want to see more albums like this get some attention.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cold Truth said:
i wasnt concerned abuot the numbers- the guy was acting all happy cause common undersold what was expected..... i asked why he seemed so happy... nobody said the numbers were important.

but....actually...... the numbers are very important.

a man makes a quality, widely considered landmark album like this, its nice to see him rewarded for it... isnt it? wouldnt you like to be rewarded with a good showing of support from your fans who by and large loved your album so much the took the bootleg for free?

also, the numbers are important for the simple fact that the industry is all abuot trends- trends that make money, to be specific- and if the album does well by the numbers and hits plat within a few months, then that could trigger an industry wide shift in thinking. that is of importance if we want to see more albums like this get some attention.

oh word man,,i know YOU werent considered with numbers,,,i was just backin you up son,,,Mod Skwad Bitches!!!

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
hellz yeah

mo fos best be lon the look out

mod squad......i like that

honestly though now that i think about it, i do hope it sells well. i think that he deserves this, and i think the sales are necessary for the greatness of the album to be a justifiable blueprint for label to give support for more like it.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
Yea i thought that shyt would happen when Talib's second album gained a little bit of mainstream sucess. I doubt it will happen though. Maybe another one like it every once in a while but even if Com goes Plat 50 is going quadruple with his shyt. If u was a record exec which one would u pic to push out to the masses?

Qwerty

Sshsh-Straight fiya!
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:

I wasn't happy, but yeah, but happy that I was right, cuz 250k in 3 days is amazing for anyone, so I though it was impossible for an album like BE.

Personnally, i really feel that this album is overated as hell. Before it was leaked, people was already saying it was a classic. Then XXL gave it 5. And a lot of the time, when one magasine gives a high score, the other magasine follow just to please all readers and the fan.

T

The Bastard

hope he doesnt catch heat from his fans for selling such large numbers.people get called sellout for that kinda stuff