I guess it's time to officially introduce myself...

Phenri

Master Beater
I hope everyone is doing well today. You may have seen me around once or twice; I've got a few beats in the Showcase. I go by the artist name Phenri (pronounced fin-rye). I live in rural Georgia. I started mixing within the last month or so, because I have a good friend who is trying to get into the music industry, and I thought it might be fun to try my hand at making some beats for him. As fate would have it, I've been having a much easier time putting decent stuff together than I had originally anticipated, and it's actually kind of therapeutic to be able to express my creativity in such a way. So far, I've received positive reviews from the people I've shared my beats with, and I think I might actually be onto something. My plan is to become as good as I can through my own means, and then seek out official training. Although I'm not necessarily doing this for money, it would be pretty cool to be able to use beatmaking to supplement my income. Thanks for allowing me to be part of this community, and I'm looking forward to sharing a lot of awesome stuff!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Phenri and what’s your musical backstory?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome to the ILL! If you ever send in beats for Attack of the Beats I'll probably butcher your name regardless. At this point it's a rite of passage.

Phenri

Master Beater

Welcome to the ILL! If you ever send in beats for Attack of the Beats I'll probably butcher your name regardless. At this point it's a rite of passage.
I'll take that as a challenge... Give me some time to get my skill up, and I'll give it a shot.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
y'know what's crazy, when I was reading his intro earlier, I was thinking 'well that's good, given Fade some instructions on how to pronounce it'

however, if I hear you pronounce it as instructed and hadn't seen this, I'd have thought you fucked it. :LOL: Phenri looks like Henry to me

anyway, shoutout to Crispyfieeerreééée :LOL:

Phenri

Master Beater
y'know what's crazy, when I was reading his intro earlier, I was thinking 'well that's good, given Fade some instructions on how to pronounce it'

however, if I hear you pronounce it as instructed and hadn't seen this, I'd have thought you fucked it. :LOL: Phenri looks like Henry to me

anyway, shoutout to Crispyfieeerreééée :LOL:
That seems to be the common trend, haha. It's actually a nod to the phrase "phoenix rising," which is a great description of how I'm trying to live my life. I've been through hell, and I'm so tired of it that I've decided to be the change that I want to see in life. If I'm lucky, I might be able to change at least one life for the better.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
That seems to be the common trend, haha. It's actually a nod to the phrase "phoenix rising," which is a great description of how I'm trying to live my life. I've been through hell, and I'm so tired of it that I've decided to be the change that I want to see in life. If I'm lucky, I might be able to change at least one life for the better.
Niiice, nice.

Phenri

Master Beater
I'll take that as a challenge... Give me some time to get my skill up, and I'll give it a shot.
Wait a second, I completely misunderstood what you were getting at. Serves me right for being on my phone at work.

members online