I got recommended this forum from futureproducers by @OGbama

Marcus Ray

Battle Points: 1
What's up,

I go by Marcus Ray.
It's nice to see so many producers still out here helping each other out!

I grew up learning to play piano by following the lights on my keyboard and playing by ear. I went to University of North Texas and worked my ass off for a music degree. Fast forward 6 years I'm teaching piano full-time and I run into a student that's a producer like myself and him and I connect on a whole other level. "If every lesson could be like this" is what I told myself.

So here I am.

Here to answer any questions, and help out anyone who may need it. I would rather help you guys than snotty nosed 5 year old's lol.

Peace

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Marcus Ray and what was it like at UNT as all I know of is the 5 O'Clock Jazz Band

Marcus Ray

It was intense at times without a doubt. The highest I made was the 2 o' clock. I subbed in the 1 a few times though lol. What I found is if you have a good ear than you've done the hard part the rest is just learning what things are called. If I knew more of what I wanted to do in music I wouldn't have gone, the relationships I made are probably the most valuable thing I got out of it.

What's up,

I go by Marcus Ray.

I grew up learning to play piano by following the lights on my keyboard and playing by ear. I went to University of North Texas and worked my ass off for a music degree. Fast forward 6 years I'm teaching piano full-time and I run into a student that's a producer like myself and him and I connect on a whole other level. "If every lesson could be like this" is what I told myself.

So here I am.

Here to answer any questions, and help out anyone who may need it. I would rather help you guys than snotty nosed 5 year old's lol.

Peace
Imo anyone with decent musical knowledge has boundless potential in production. instance this thing they call "lo-fi" is literally 2 or 3 7th chords and 9th chords stuck together with a couple effects and that's it. Welcome to the ill brotha, catch ya at the battles!

@Fade I'm quite flattered except for the "a tiny bit" part

What's up,

I go by Marcus Ray.

So here I am.

Peace
P.S Futureproducers Sucks. ILL FTW!!!

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Shit and I didn't know?? How did it go???
I don't remember much but at the time they were pretty active but so were we. Word got around next thing you know some members from here I think went there and talked shit lol. But at the time we had mad talent on here with MC's and everything. No offense to the members today of course.

Marcus Ray

Imo anyone with decent musical knowledge has boundless potential in production. instance this thing they call "lo-fi" is literally 2 or 3 7th chords and 9th chords stuck together with a couple effects and that's it. Welcome to the ill brotha, catch ya at the battles!

@Fade I'm quite flattered except for the "a tiny bit" part
Most definitely going to check them out!

I don't remember much but at the time they were pretty active but so were we. Word got around next thing you know some members from here I think went there and talked shit lol. But at the time we had mad talent on here with MC's and everything. No offense to the members today of course.
We should make a 2021 disstrack to fp