I got my iMac!!!

• warzone (oct 8-12) signup begins in...

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Picked it up today...21.5" version with the 1TB of HD space..I kept the RAM @ 4GB for now, until some dope shit comes out that is 64-bit that I could actually afford..Lol..

2 year financing....not bad..I'll have it paid in one.

I'm pretty excited to get back to work...I have much to do...

yo Nomeezy...I'm ready to work now, sir..Lol.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Your gonna love it man. Seriously. My first Mac (the one I still have now from 05) changed my life...Id never go back to a PC now.

PS - Once you start memorizing all the OS key commands, its amazing how fast you can do shit too...For example, simple shit like instantiating a finder, or closing a window, or making a new folder, etc. All these things can be done via commands and their really easy to remember. The F12 widgets are actually pretty useful too and whats nice is they really dont effect your performance.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
smh... traitors smh lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
This shit is awesome, only issue I'm having is, how to partition the windows and the osx...like how much and all that good stuff...I mean I will be doing most of my production with windows right now, but everything else done in mac. I will be switching a lot to Maschine when I pick it up next year...So I will be doing that in Mac...I can't wait til I get that...I'd be complete....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
If you got an external drive Id just use that to run windows personally...but ive never needed to have windows again after coppin my mac i guess...Thats tight tho man, those fucking things only get better every year too and my 5 yr old macbook is still a beast for the most part so Im sure you got a pretty lean machine.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
no windows booting on mac supported unfortunately

WTF are you talking about, not only does it work great. But Apple officially supports it, you can install a dual boot on ANY intel mac and when you turn it on you will get an option to boot to either Windows or OSX. Apple even wrote windows drivers for everything. For more info check out bootcamp

http://www.apple.com/macosx/compatibility/

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Your gonna love it man. Seriously. My first Mac (the one I still have now from 05) changed my life...Id never go back to a PC now.

PS - Once you start memorizing all the OS key commands, its amazing how fast you can do shit too...For example, simple shit like instantiating a finder, or closing a window, or making a new folder, etc. All these things can be done via commands and their really easy to remember. The F12 widgets are actually pretty useful too and whats nice is they really dont effect your performance.

not to really start a holy war... but you do know that Windows has a good number of keyboard commands, right?

Open Explorer - Windows+E
Close Window - Alt-F4 (has been Alt-f4 since at least the windows 3.x days)
Lock Computer - Windows+L

and many, many more.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Well..comparing my old PC to my new Mac....night and day.

I was running 3GB of Ram on my 1.8Ghz centrino duo...and it was atrocious working with it...

My new i3 intel is great...I don't see myself upgrading this shit for a while...honestly...everything runs so great...It is almost too good...I wonder what would've it been like if I just went for the 8GB RAM (I still will go for it, but in a year or two, once more 64bit apps are available).

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well..comparing my old PC to my new Mac....night and day.

I was running 3GB of Ram on my 1.8Ghz centrino duo...and it was atrocious working with it...

My new i3 intel is great...I don't see myself upgrading this shit for a while...honestly...everything runs so great...It is almost too good...I wonder what would've it been like if I just went for the 8GB RAM (I still will go for it, but in a year or two, once more 64bit apps are available).

interesting...

... I guess I'm doing something right then 'cause my 3.4GHz socket 478 Pentium 4 w/2GB RAM is nice with it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Koncept its true people get flipped out over their opinions, I have never been a quality enough human to own an apple product so I cant compare, however I have always wanted one and one day I may get one , I am quite sure they are nice, I remember them waaaay back in grade school and I wanted one then.
In the meantime 64bit windows 7 with 4 gigs of ram seems to be working okay for me.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Suc, everything is nice when its new lol

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
True....

But I won't be doing much to this computer like I did with my PC. This will be my money maker...so I can't mess with it like I did with previous computers...plus...$1499 is the most I've paid for a computer to date (yeah I know I'm cheap).

konceptG

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Koncept its true people get flipped out over their opinions, I have never been a quality enough human to own an apple product so I cant compare, however I have always wanted one and one day I may get one , I am quite sure they are nice, I remember them waaaay back in grade school and I wanted one then.
In the meantime 64bit windows 7 with 4 gigs of ram seems to be working okay for me.

That's the thing with me, I've been a mac owner in the past so I CAN compare the two.

Personally, though, I'd prefer to see some quality stuff under Linux. Energy XT is about the best thing going for Linux users.